Boy ☆ Skirt - Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
Just like how women trying out having really short hair or masculine outfits isn't a bad thing, men should be allowed to explore gender and femininity!
Even if they still identify as cis!

Really interested to see how this story progresses, esp with the absence of a romance tag 😊

Dex-chan lover
Just like how women trying out having really short hair or masculine outfits isn't a bad thing, men should be allowed to explore gender and femininity!
Even if they still identify as cis!

Really interested to see how this story progresses, esp with the absence of a romance tag 😊
Same, I hope it continues as a friendship. It'll feel a bit different.

Fed-Kun's army
I teach at an after-school cram school and one day one of my students (a cis-girl) came in wearing her school uniform and she wore trousers. I asked her about it, she said that in her school students are allowed to wear whichever uniform they're comfortable with as long as it's the official uniform. I felt so happy and proud.

Dex-chan lover
Coming from San Francisco...
"For me, it was a Tuesday" :lul:

I'm really curious to see where this goes. I see the MC as more style-fluid character than someone truly(?) into crossdressing:thonk:

Apologies in advance if I project archaic viewpoints or language, this is all an area of learning for me OTL

Group Leader
Mainstream society sure likes to panic about things that don't conform to the norms. A guy wearing a skirt or anything feminine is being looked at and treated as if he just committed a crime. He likes to put on a certain piece of fabric, cut and designed a certain way. How blasphemous! Dude is at least lucky he wasn't threatened with violence by a bunch of "alpha males" with fragile masculinity.

And before some smartasses start with the "Japanese society conformity" crap: nope. This is not a Japan-only thing. Society everywhere doesn't like it when someone deviates from the norms. The concept of "live and let live" is hard for some people... >.<

Group Leader
Good news!

IRL Japan is finally starting to ease up on this. It is only some schools, but it is progress!
That's great, but what's even more important is society's perception of boys and men in skirts. Are they going to be harassed, attacked, denied jobs, etc. for breaking the norms? For example, most public schools in the US probably won't forbid boys from wearing skirts to school. But I can hardly say it's safe for them to do so.

kid got some homophobia maybe but skirts are great and versatile. you can go punk/street with it but imo due to the pleating yr best off going with tailoring. it kind gives you a more put together, dressed up vibe.

Users who are viewing this thread