Boy's Abyss - Vol. 16 Ch. 153 - Face to Face

Group Leader
He's STILL fucking alive? Jesus christ I keep thinking he has finally died and the bitch won't exit the story. I'm starting to think the only way someone actually gets removed from the plot is if they are forcibly removed, like Gen. Getting real sick of nothing ever getting even remotely resolved.

This is the nisekoi of tragedy manga.

Dex-chan lover
Nagi based and killyourselfpilled

It would be ideal if the mom could stop continuing the cycle of generational abuse and get to enjoy her own life instead of just dying, but generational abuse isn’t escaped that easily, so her dying would still be better than nothing.

The real question is whether Reiji will ultimately still continue the cycle (he was showing a lot of signs of looking like his mom) or whether he’ll truly escape (or at least be a marked improvement). Either way he’s traumatized, though.

Dex-chan lover
Dunno what to think about this.

In 1st place, Nagi was based for telling Yuko to just fucking die. If she did this to basically make the fucking mom to stop pestering Reiji, then it's the biggest display of care someone did for him.

But in 2nd place... i'm scared. Yuko saw Reiji and made a happy gesture. Maybe ahe knows she'll die knowing her son will continue the cycle of misery. Considering what Ryou put into her release summary (when those 2 who carry Thanatos' soul within themselves clash, a new door to the abyss opens) and considering Reiji dragged Yuri into his abyss of misery, could say the root of the issue wasn't solved at all. Nagi's solution may be quite superficial, and she cucked Reiji from talking his heart with his mom.

Maaaaan don't know what to think. This decided Nagi is too unpredictable.

Maybe Reiji will get pissed at Nagi for not letting him make a clean break with his mom and she ends going to Tokyo to do JAVs, disgusted, disappointed and pissed at Reiji for being too much of a mommy boy 'till the end and push Reiji deeper, causing him to cling into Yuri and even accept to go to Hiroshima with Kazumasa's family before Ishibashi comes into his house, because now she despises both Kuroses for both being demons and spineless sissies unable to make decisions on their own.

Or maybe (cross your fingers this ends being the case) Nagi decides to stick with Reiji and head towards a collision route against both Yuri and Ishibashi. Reiji trying to reason with his former teacher and now "fiancé" will be his next and final test to see if he still can be a person of his own.

Future is quite uncertain, and Esemori still doesn't die. It seems like he has a last thing he wants to do. Either Yuko is brought to Tokyo if some arrangements are done (it means Yuko's hermano will be needed for this) or Shino'oka brings Esemori to The Town.

Anyways, even if it's gonna be in vain, hope Yuko finally lets Reiji go, both physically and mentally.

Dex-chan lover
Bout time this bitch dies... jesus maybe reiji can finally relax for a bit
Reiji will never catch a break lmao. Yuko saw him and made a happy gesture. Even if she dies, she'll get what she wanted: die with Esemori and fuck up her son to the point of turning him into another enhanced, stronger and more powerful Yuko.

Everything is unpredictable as we are nearing the midpoint of vol. 16. And Reiji already manifested his abyss. Everything looks ogre for him.

Dex-chan lover
wheres the johnny depp “polite way to say” meme when i need it. nagi really said please die like a sir

Dex-chan lover
Nagi telling Yuko to "just fucking die already" was kind of a shock.
I don't even know what's going to happen now, I hope Yuko and Esemori will just die and Yuko's hold on Reiji will fall away.

The biggest issue imo is Reiji had things he still wanted to ask her, I guess I should wait until the next chapter to judge, but it seems like this will cause trouble between him and Nagi, but knowing how Nagi is, who knows?

I hope something moves the plot forward soon.

Dex-chan lover
Mom wakes up
Nagi introduces herself
Tells mom to die
Refuse to elaborate any further
She does elaborate though a bit, even if not in as many words as I wrote below:
"I'm your childhood first love's wife. You know, the one you always wanted to marry/suicide together? He actually never got over you, and now he's dying. Can you give an epilogue to your tragic love story by dying together with him like you always wanted, and let us next generation go free? Thx bye."

Dex-chan lover
I can see the not so subtle symbolism of Nagi's reflection being shown in Yuko's eyes.

I bet Yuko's thoughts at that moment being along the lines of "You are like me aren't you?"
Yuko's final thoughts apparently. Foreshadowing bodes BOTH Eisei and Yuko will NEVER open their eyes again.

MD@Home
He's STILL fucking alive? Jesus christ I keep thinking he has finally died and the bitch won't exit the story. I'm starting to think the only way someone actually gets removed from the plot is if they are forcibly removed, like Gen. Getting real sick of nothing ever getting even remotely resolved.

This is the nisekoi of tragedy manga.
he has cancer, not a heart attack lmao, cancer patient rarely just up and keel over, and more of a long ass drawn out dead. Ex: my grandmother has lung cancer, she die 3 years after stop doing chemo and well into her 80s.

Dex-chan lover
Nagi telling Yuko to "just fucking die already" was kind of a shock.
I don't even know what's going to happen now, I hope Yuko and Esemori will just die and Yuko's hold on Reiji will fall away.

The biggest issue imo is Reiji had things he still wanted to ask her, I guess I should wait until the next chapter to judge, but it seems like this will cause trouble between him and Nagi, but knowing how Nagi is, who knows?

I hope something moves the plot forward soon.
Or Maybe, Nagi just spared him from saying what he wanted to say.
Based on context, Reiji would have said the same thing, only that he had questions prior (that would be a source of conflict). And we should not forget he was quite brutal when he told his gma to fucking die.

Although there's quite the chance Reiji gets angry at Nagi and questions her why she did that without letting him ask first. Also, Yuko's happy closed eyes may hint she is gonna die happy because Reiji already became more of a miserable trash person than her... or could it be because she is happy Nagi is just like her (that image of Nagi's face being reflected in Yuko's eyes, could represent Yuko reflected herself in Nagi and viceversa) and Reiji will be "in good hands"... in a quite weird way.

Maybe the fishtank will appear again, Reiji may finally see the helping hand and will extend his hand, but the thing that would drag him back will shift her shape... instead of being a 46 years old ash colored woman, it's going to be the shape of a 30 years old flat bodied and with childlike facial features blackhaired woman.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread