Boy's Abyss - Ch. 160 - Wish

Dex-chan lover
Actually, she didn't..... She was in middle school which is roughly the ages of 12 - 15. Yuko had a lot of hardships in her arc. However, the thing I don't understand is why are you defending so hard for Nagi when I just said that I don't blame the character except the writer for not giving her full potential? I even stated all of the characters had had hardships.
Not defending her, even if the post sounded like that. Taking Esemori's words, and Reiji's classmates implications in ch138, Nagi sold herself out not that long after the earthquake and at a younger age than Yuko (Reiji's mom was 14 when she found out her mom was whoring herself out and then she was forced to do so) and whether she did that for survival by her own volition or was lured into doing those things under the promise of becoming loved, we don't know yet.

Tbh, i was kinda defending Yuko in that post (it was stated Yuko was forced to whore herself out and also was forced to do some homemade JAVs). If you ask me, throwing Nagi's backstory to the very end is giving me some 5toubun vietnam flashbacks in the sense the story gives all the time of the world to develop the other characters, but always end up throwing the main girl or heroine's arc and development to the story's own final legs, and in a kinda disappointing way.

Last edited:
I knew it was always worth it to back up my boy Esemori. Truly the goat of our time.

Dex-chan lover
Nagi's uncle was okay with cutting all ties with his orphaned niece because his new wife might have had some kind of undefined problem with her being around? What the fuck is wrong with them? Aside from being characters in Boy's Abyss obviously

Dex-chan lover
Ryo uploaded a draft for a future chapter, shit went down and detective Ishibashi is enraged about something and seems to be grabbing someone's shirt.
It could be Ms. Shiba or Reiji, but not sure what Reiji could do to cause him to snap, but I can imagine that could happen to Ms. Shiba when Nagi is found.

Dex-chan lover
It could be Ms. Shiba or Reiji, but not sure what Reiji could do to cause him to snap, but I can imagine that could happen to Ms. Shiba when Nagi is found.
Maybe Reiji got bananas because Masaharu's body was found and some DNA tests were done and was confirmed he wasn't his biological dad and got a nervous breakdown because it was actually true he's actually an incestbaby... or it has to be something related to his dementia grandma health getting worse or dying from a nervous breakdown and Reiji may be the main suspect of such a fate.

Btw, Vol. 15 covers chapters 141 to 150. So, we may be done with vol. 16 with this chapter 160 or with the upcoming chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe Reiji got bananas because Masaharu's body was found and some DNA tests were done and was confirmed he wasn't his biological dad and got a nervous breakdown because it was actually true he's actually an incestbaby... or it has to be something related to his dementia grandma health getting worse or dying from a nervous breakdown and Reiji may be the main suspect of such a fate.
Still though, doesn't seem in character for the detective to snap like that over the things you mentioned, which makes me think it's Ms. Shiba he's grabbing after he finds out the truth.

I'm pretty sure he knows being violent or aggressive towards Reijiswouldn't help him or the case.

Dex-chan lover
Still though, doesn't seem in character for the detective to snap like that over the things you mentioned, which makes me think it's Ms. Shiba he's grabbing after he finds out the truth.

I'm pretty sure he knows being violent or aggressive towards Reijiswouldn't help him or the case.

Finally know the reason Ishibashi "snapped". He's actually stopping Reiji from committing murder against his dying mom.
Ch161 is out and Reiji snapped and is aiming to kill his mom while she's having a fever dream because her condition worsened and doctors think she may die in a matter of hours, so Reiji had to gonto the hospital and keep her company until the inevitable happens. Ishibashi isn't snapping, he's restraining Reiji from choking Yuko further into death.

Dex-chan lover

Finally know the reason Ishibashi "snapped". He's actually stopping Reiji from committing murder against his dying mom.
Ch161 is out and Reiji snapped and is aiming to kill his mom while she's having a fever dream because her condition worsened and doctors think she may die in a matter of hours, so Reiji had to gonto the hospital and keep her company until the inevitable happens. Ishibashi isn't snapping, he's restraining Reiji from choking Yuko further into death.

Just saw that, holy fucking shit Reiji.
That look is going to give me nightmares.

Dex-chan lover
I just wanted to point out how this manga used so many contrasts to point out how things weren't as they seemed. What particularly jumped at me was Nagi's desire: we were introduced to a suicidal girl who was so cold and aloof to human interaction, a girl who, we were led to think, desired to die while in connection with another human being, but then was revealed to have been wrongly focused on: she did not want to die, she desired the human connection instead.

It was because we were introduced to her through the lenses of the (then-) suicidal Reiji that she felt equally suicidal, equally craving of death, and almost enchantingly more certain of it than Reiji ever was with his reluctance. I think it was a very neat heel-face turn, and also a proper twist since it has all the structure necessary for a twist—the planting (she had displayed both aspects of death-seeking and human desire), the clue (the story of her past), and then finally the twist itself (with Esemori showing the most important card of how the only time she looked happy was when he proclaimed her his family).

In the end, the story about people trying to escape their chains by dying with a stranger became a story about the very same people escaping their chains by living on with someone they care about.

Very neat.

I think the guy on
Who was the guy at the later pages?
page 19 is Esemori when he was younger. The reason why the author showed him when he was younger is probably because when he was younger he was more in love with Yuko and as he grew older he started all that stuff about being an author. So him going with Yuko is a decision he would've done when he was younger and it shows that there is still some parts of his old self left

HAHAAHAHA fuck to all of you for saying Nagi disliked Yuko and tell her to die. You guys just dont know how to read between the line. Hence i was correct, Nagi was in good nature when she said those line to Yuko. She wanted her to have her REAL lover back. And Esemori knew it too. Nagi x Yuko win

Users who are viewing this thread