Boy's Abyss - Ch. 160 - Wish

Dex-chan lover
Passion Interference

JLNmsXT.png

Double-page supporter
I think this will actually have an happy ending where both esemori and reiji mom dies at the same time when rejij finds old girl (forgot her name) and get married and have babies idk but something like that. And the teacher goes to prison lol

Dex-chan lover
I've always found Esemori's character interesting ever since his introduction & getting his backstory with Yuko fleshed out. In some ways I wished that he is Reiji's dad because right now he is being a proper adult after all the crap he did in the past all for the sake of having a writer's soul. I do hope his message gets through to Reiji & stop this self destruction just so he can leave that horrible town. We'll see what happens once he learns where Nagi is & how she wanted to go back to Reiji. Thanks for the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Maaaann. Feeling really bad for Nagi. In the end, she's just an ordinary girl struck by heavy misfortune who only doesn't want to be alone, if Esemori's words about Nagi smiling a bit like a happy child after hearing that, then it means she just wants to be loved.

Nice to see Esemori finally leaving his abyss and owning up to his previous mistakes, finally accepting his feelings for Yuko and his death wish and realizing telling Nagi to live was such an irresponsible favor considering she went to do those J-Gravure since she was a child to survive after being abandoned. Hope this gives Reiji a new reason to dive back the surface before his tail ends rotting itself. At least he is aware Kazumasa must be better far from the Kuroses, he was shining with life, and Reiji found unfair to keep him strung to that abyss if a house. His words conveyed a terminal feeling tho. It's like he was announcing he was going to kill himself.

I wonder how tf did Yuri manage to get her parents give Yuri their house. Even if the reselling value was too low and the Shibasawas could afford paying the new apart rent and the old house's mortgage, they forgot Yuri MUST leave that town if she doesn't want to face effective jailtime for her crimes because she's to wait for her trial in the court. Anyways, whatever Yuri intends to do with the house may be something criminal, as she considers Nagi as a lost cause and a danger to anyone who's around her. Is she gonna kill her?? Reiji must get back on his feet and realize Esemori's wishes are also what he wants too: to know Nagi better and run from that town.

Anyways, the official twitter announced the vol. 15 release saying the story is on its endgame. Wait... so are we in the endgame since halfway this year?? So, Yuri in the end became this series' final boss. Yuko was being sided as a matter for Esemori.

Dex-chan lover
I want to like Nagi SO BADLY. She has a beautiful design. However, the fact she's like a sitting duck and just waiting for anyone to "save her" rather than her being like Reiji's brother to find his own happiness. Heck, Chako went to Tokyo to live part of her "dream." I understand depression is a terrible thing. I understand that it makes those not get out of bed- But the fact she's been like this for so long instead of getting the help she needs? I wish the mangaka would give her more personality than just Reiji's "plot device for getting out of the town."

Dex-chan lover
I want to like Nagi SO BADLY. She has a beautiful design. However, the fact she's like a sitting duck and just waiting for anyone to "save her" rather than her being like Reiji's brother to find his own happiness. Heck, Chako went to Tokyo to live part of her "dream." I understand depression is a terrible thing. I understand that it makes those not get out of bed- But the fact she's been like this for so long instead of getting the help she needs? I wish the mangaka would give her more personality than just Reiji's "plot device for getting out of the town."
I mean, she lost her entire family, have to cut off the only people that would genuinely care for her, the uncle, from her life, while having to sell her body as A CHILD to just barely surviving. Reiji's brother, and Chako, as much as the abuse goes, at least still be able to somewhat live a normal life with a roof, warm meals and a little amount of true love and caring from their families

Aggregator gang
The latest volume announced we're in the endgame.

Sensei is set up as the last obstacle.
Reiji's objective is to hear Nagi's story (and then?)
Yuko and Esemori are set to die together
Reiji cut ties with Kazu because his brother was too good to stay with him anymore
Nagi's interest in spring's coffin is NOT related to suicide. This chapter reveals the allure was two people forming a connection. Nagi was happy when Esemori made her his family.

Lots to unpack

Dex-chan lover
Hopefully Nagi comes to find out what she wants in life. Sensei needs to get some help. Thanks for the chapter!!!

Dex-chan lover
Positive male relationships, the chapter. "I want you to be happy, bro. (I'm not saying 'bitches be crazy' but those bitches be crazy')"

I can't wait for us to finally hear Nagi, as it keeps being teased then denied. Might be time when we'll get her real name and her breaking out of that latest funk. It started with Nagi and Reiji having no will to live, it must end with them wanting more out of life and getting it (ideally together!)

Dex-chan lover
Full disclosure: before this arc, Nagi has always been the character in this story that I'm least invested in. I found her to be a boring plot device and a hindrance to Reiji's happiness, with me having the same perspective of early Sensei with her presence endangering his well-being. But after Esemori told him to look after her accompanied with the revelation of her past, I felt a resurgence of hope and now I'm looking forward to the glimmer of a possible happy ending for this story: the Nagi ending after they ditch this Lovecraftian town for good.

All other possible endings are either bittersweet (suicide to stop the cycle of evil) or the bad ending with sensei (which hurts to say as a senseifag).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread