Boy's Abyss - Ch. 172 - Last Wish

Dex-chan lover
Holy shit. You're telling me Mao is able to just walk away from her (& with the implications from page 14 that he had her do sex work or something similar) without having a proper comeuppance? Now it makes sense why stayed with Esemori & was willing to follow him. Nagi deserves to be happy. Thanks for the translations.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, if I had to give Nagi's backstory flashback a score, I would have to give it a 6/10. Firstly, as the story unfolds we receive pieces of what Nagi went through, which took away some of the suspense. The only really new information was how her mind was broken. Secondly, Mao's character is very shallow. Did he put Nagi through all this because he really thinks she's to blame for her parents' deaths and needs to be punished? Is he a sociopath who uses people and then throws them away when he no longer needs them? What are his reasons? It's not clear and it feels like he was just designed to be hated.

Thanks for the chapter!

Double-page supporter
Holy shit. You're telling me Mao is able to just walk away from her (& with the implications from page 14 that he had her do sex work or something similar) without having a proper comeuppance? Now it makes sense why stayed with Esemori & was willing to follow him. Nagi deserves to be happy. Thanks for the translations.
Well IMO at that point she's just drifting getting swept up by any current that are willing to take her.

The mindset that Mao planted inside her head is what makes him go scott free, gaslighting her, making her always feeling guilty for living.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, if I had to give Nagi's backstory flashback a score, I would have to give it a 6/10. Firstly, as the story unfolds we receive pieces of what Nagi went through, which took away some of the suspense. The only really new information was how her mind was broken. Secondly, Mao's character is very shallow. Did he put Nagi through all this because he really thinks she's to blame for her parents' deaths and needs to be punished? Is he a sociopath who uses people and then throws them away when he no longer needs them? What are his reasons? It's not clear and it feels like he was just designed to be hated.

Thanks for the chapter!
I expect(hope) that the confrontation with him will be the final arc where they reveal his motivation.

Dex-chan lover
we4ilb.png

ly36pm.png

Last edited:
Group Leader

Thanks for the chapter!
Also the chapter was set up to make the reader think that it was due to the stereotypical scumbag senpai having something on him.

Group Leader
I went back and read those bubbles and it sounds like she started pretty soon after got to Tokyo. So she was pimped out while she was in elementary school. He needs to be flayed alive.

Dex-chan lover
No wonder Nagi wants to die so badly, no fucking wonder she can't do it alone.

Right after going to Tokyo, she became the fetishes' vessel of any degenerate from the entertainment industry, at an earlier age than Yuko to make things worse (Yuko was a 2nd year midschooler, Nagi was barely an elementary 5th year schooler), from producers to mere idorushitters at expenses of her uncle who used her to socially climb, and once he found his fucking happiness, he disposed of Nagi as if she was some ragged, dirtied and ripped apart ragdoll, worse of it: he had the balls to blame her for things ending like that.

Thqt page with the black text is gross af. At this point, it's a blessing this manga is ending soon and Nagi's flashback is being rushed, because if this was extended another year, Ryou would have pulled zero strings to show some of the fetishes (the safest ones at least). And still despite of the rush, Nagi's story was more sickening than Yuko's, the latter didn't explain what type of things that yakuza ojisan and other customers did to her, but Ryou didn't hold back into showing the explicit fetish requests people made to Nagi. The darkest thing: one can't help, but imagine the fetishes she was fulfillibg without having the will, neither the awareness to realize everything they were doing to her is bad, horribly bad, and possibly enters into sheer human rights violations.

Side note: now that i think about it, Reiji's situation, even if the circumstances are different, is similar in essence, he became Yuri's manwhore under expectations to be saved from his mom, only to feel disappointed and disgusted at himself (remember volumes 2 and 3. He had sex with her several times, and considering how loco she was being since the beginning, i'm sure he may have been subject of fetishes. On his soliloquium prior to seeing Nagi again, he said he felt sick and disgusted for having sex with his teacher expecting salvation). Yuko wanting Reiji to marry Yuri in the Tokyo chapters may be similar to Mao pimping Nagi out to that guy from the showbiz.

And even with that, Mao did little to zero effort into becoming the most evil and despicable son of a bitch.

Next week is gonna be decisive.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread