Boy's Abyss - Ch. 171 - Cursed Blessing

Dex-chan lover
How? Blud came into 170 chapters of Boy's Abyss and somehow said the most toxic and messed up shit. It's a tough crowd but that 'Apologise' curse is a serious contender when Yuko exists.

What the fuck is wrong with him?

Dex-chan lover
Fucking psycho lmao
just a question between Reiji's mom and Nagi's uncle, who is better?
Yuko, in addition to being unbelieveably hot and like, my favourite manga character of all time, happens to have a very tragic background. Her behaviour isn't malevolent or misguided, it's pathological. She's a fundamentally broken person whose actions are innate to her, she doesn't actively plan or plot, nor does she seek to advance herself - the things she does are simply the way she is, that is akin to instinctual behaviour. Which is why I'd say she is a better person than this fucking weirdo.

But as you can tell, I'm very biased in her favour. All this is why she's my favourite.

Aggregator gang
Dude got brain damage. Or the author did. Holyshit he pulled this card.

Dex-chan lover
When you comment or reply, apologize.
When you like or react, apologize.
When you have an opinion, apologize.
When you have a thought, apologize.
When you live, apologize.
When you stop

Dex-chan lover
“if you didn’t leave your backpack there, your parents wouldn’t have died from the earthquake! It’s your fault they died!”

It’s the earthquake’s fault you silly motherfucker
i'm guessing uncle was in love with her mom or was always some kinda sociopath to say that to a kid lol but other than some bratty demonic spoiled child who had parents who coddled them but even the 'worst' kid doesn't deserve to be traumatized like that (unless they actually did something like that on purpose to kill them lol but i imagine that kinda 'speech' wouldn't work on them anyways)

this is honestly really fucking stupid, even if this is him just manipulating her its really dumb

if the author wanted for her to feel like its her fault, it'd make 100 times more sense if she was the one who thought that her backpack was the cause - at least then the fact it's irrational would make some sense, survivor's guilt and all that

Aggregator gang
Thanks for the TL! The multi-page Abyss Rant (tm) and transition between her being with Mao and her being with Reiji are chilling. As for the rant itself, well...

I can see where people are coming for in terms of it not feeling very well paced-out or weirdly vitriolic but I'm kind of into it. Grief like Mao's isn't really a rational thing and it makes sense that he'd reach for the very first thing that gave him someone to blame for what happened, something actionable - not that it's at all an excuse. Nagi's not even old enough to menstruate, so of course she'd internalize everything he said to her, even if they're both hurting. She's a kid, so she's not going to be able to rationalize her way out of developing that baggage - even if he hadn't said anything, she probably would've blamed herself.

But what I really love here is finally getting context for what that smile she gave Shiba-sensei during the Tokyo arc actually meant. Good stuff.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the TL! The multi-page Abyss Rant (tm) and transition between her being with Mao and her being with Reiji are chilling. As for the rant itself, well...

I can see where people are coming for in terms of it not feeling very well paced-out or weirdly vitriolic but I'm kind of into it. Grief like Mao's isn't really a rational thing and it makes sense that he'd reach for the very first thing that gave him someone to blame for what happened, something actionable - not that it's at all an excuse. Nagi's not even old enough to menstruate, so of course she'd internalize everything he said to her, even if they're both hurting. She's a kid, so she's not going to be able to rationalize her way out of developing that baggage - even if he hadn't said anything, she probably would've blamed herself.

But what I really love here is finally getting context for what that smile she gave Shiba-sensei during the Tokyo arc actually meant. Good stuff.
Personally I'm leaning less towards grief and more towards manipulation because of what's about to come.
I suppose it could be both? It's hard to say, we don't know much about Mao's backstory and it's unlikely we will know much more. All we know is he's been through some fucked up stuff too.

I'm sure Ryo is aware that Mao's behaviors seem very extreme at first glance, maybe that's the intention? To force readers to think about why he's doing this, or to be in Nagi's perspective? Unfortunately for her, most people don't seem to be doing that.
I think she's gonna have to spell it out to everyone in the next chapter or 2.

Maybe (in that case you're right) when Mao abandons her after using her to get money, he tells Nagi why he said all of that and apologizes, but by that point it's far too late, and instead makes her feel more guilty and apologize for not understanding him?

Double-page supporter
WTF 😒

LITERALLY WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK WAS THAT!!!!!!

AND THAT PANEL WITH REIJI WHAT DOES TAHT MEAN DOES TAHT MEAN SHE IS DYING?

WTF

Dex-chan lover
He just want a company on self hate, many such people in this Manga

Users who are viewing this thread