Boy's Abyss - Ch. 176 - Release

Dex-chan lover
Reiji is free! Now he just needs to commit one or two murders and he will finally be able to commit suicide with Nagi...

laughing-then-serious-laughing-then-stoned.gif

Thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
It looks like it will be "a boy's abyss" until the end, at this point he is just acting on insticts and latching/obsessing on the very next thing that comes along...

Dex-chan lover
So that's it. Chako stabbed her dad in the arm, mom finally opened her eyes and now they're gonna try and start again.

Gen's letter was short, but necessary. It was also the last dark epiphany Reiji got, one that is making him realize he is losing everything although that's what he wanted that was tying him to this life. I think deep down, Reiji was wanting the old Gen from his childhood to return, but with that letter, he realized he already lost his best friend.

Have this feeling Chako picked the implication of what Reiji meant with "staying in this town forever" and that's why she didn't attempt to give it more afterthoughts, by saying he'll stay in this town, he meant he will rest in peace there

Considering Yuri's concern about Reiji's plan, and Reiji wanting her help after he kills Mao, one of these 2 things may happen...

1) either Mao's sob story and Reiji gets cold feet/remembers what Nagi said about people living the lives they deserve and considers killing Mao is not wotrth staining his hands because he is already fucking dead, but Yuri, obsessed with marrying Abyss-kun, kills him

2) Reiji actually kills him.

In both cases, Yuri is also fucked. She is not gonna obey any of Reiji's orders, will try to be one step ahead of him, and it seems those shoes at the end of the chapter are actually hers. Until the very last minute, she's gonna cling onto her boytoy. Reiji's patience with his former teacher will run outvery quickly and, before a double suicide, we may have a double murder case.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I don't think there's enough misery this Mao guy deserves but something tells me that as our MC realizes that his shackles are severed, so too will he recognize that he has a choice to stop the cycle of darkness right here, right now. If he goes forward to killing Mao, it will not resolve anything. Nagi won't be fixed, nor did she wish for this. It will only result in a fleeting moment of justice but extend the darkness's influence to Mao's widowed family as a consequence.

It's an overused conflict but I hope the author acknowledges this dilemma in a way, at least.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I don't think there's enough misery this Mao guy deserves but something tells me that as our MC realizes that his shackles are severed, so too will he recognize that he has a choice to stop the cycle of darkness right here, right now. If he goes forward to killing Mao, it will not resolve anything. Nagi won't be fixed, nor did she wish for this. It will only result in a fleeting moment of justice but extend the darkness's influence to Mao's widowed family as a consequence.

It's an overused conflict but I hope the author acknowledges this dilemma in a way, at least.
Considering Yuri's also involved in this conflict because she barged herself in without asking Reiji, if that happens, Yuri will push him back to murderlust mode by killing Mao in front of him... but all his hatred and bloodlust will be directed to his former teacher.

Anyways, if Yuri goes bananas on Mao and Reiji kills her, he can argument self defense, besides, Reiji has evidences of Nagi being on Shibasawa's former ping pong club based on the text message and can pull a Yuko by pretending to be a scared victim who killed his former teacher on self defense after a pedo assault. I mean, if he killed his teacher on his house in that scenario, there's nothing that could wo grong for him, as long as the bloodbath happens inside his house.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
I feel so stupid for thinking that things would turn out well for Reiji. But I still have this little lump of hope in me though.

Users who are viewing this thread