Boy's Abyss - Ch. 178 - Reunion at Journey's End

Dex-chan lover
The publication is still showing it's ongoing series of does this gets translated as soon as the raw chapter comes out?

Thanks a lot for the translations.

Supporter
No way the uncle falls for the bullshit now lol
Also... "oh you're still chasing after me, for the third time, simp?"

I hope the uncle kicks his ass and Reiji needs to get saved. He is so terrible at murder plots lol.

Dex-chan lover
"Meeting you made me happy". If you ask me, that line is the most meaningful one in this entire chapter. The fact that Esemori was genuinely happy that he met reiji. Not in a twisted way like with the teacher or any other character but genuine happiness.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Reiji will mess up, Shiba-sensei knows it well. So she will come to the hill and kill the uncle herself to protect Reiji. She will be in prison. Reiji and Nagi live happily ever after, they fuck every day.
No fucking way Yuri would let herself end in prison, especially when such a fate will mean Reiji will commit his lovers suicide with Nagi, the thing that she wants to stop by any means. What can happen is that she will end up accepting Reiji dying through double suicide, but not with Nagi, if he's gonna die, then the one who must take with him is Yuri and Nagi can just rot herself. In her mind, Reiji chose and pulled her back into her abyss so he must take responsibility for that. It's not a matter of salvation anymore, but of a twisted pride as a woman, she can't let herself lose against Nagi.

And a Reiji with a massive bloodlust won't calm himself until he had killed somebody. If Yuri interferes with his murderous intents, then she raised the biggest death flag.

Dex-chan lover
I don't like the way Reiji's acting now. I feel like not taking the deaths of his mom and Akira serious and giving them a proper farewell will bite him back later on. Like would've killed him to shake Akira's hand?
Also is he his father after all? I'm still very confused about who his dad is.

I don't like the way Reiji's acting now. I feel like not taking the deaths of his mom and Akira serious and giving them a proper farewell will bite him back later on. Like would've killed him to shake Akira's hand?
I agree tbh, while Reiji's descent into his current form is arguably the "abyss" the series has been building to this whole time, something about it just feels off. I think I'm still disappointed with how Nagi's backstory was ultimately revealed, so having that be the final catalyst ruins the impact for me.

Also, I'm pretty sure his dad was always the man who raised him and who Gen killed. Yuko only told lies about his parentage to ensure no one else would love him, and perhaps also because she still wished in her heart that Esemori could have been the father of her child. The question of who Reiji's father is was completely dropped after Reiji realized this (i.e. after Grandma revealed the lie Yuko told her), so I think it's the intended answer. Reiji is only calling Esemori his father now to get around the restrictions for visiting hours.

As for my thoughts on the chapter: depending on how close to endgame we are, my theory is that Reiji is going to fail to murder Mao, Mao will escape and report Reiji to the police (and probably accuse him of holding Nagi hostage too, which is only going to look very likely with them using Nagi's phone to communicate), Reiji will run away and meet with Sensei, and Sensei will be revealed to have been the woman in the beginning of the series.

Teacher:
maxresdefault.jpg

Dex-chan lover
He grew to hate him because he realized him and Nagi just got used by him as ideas for his books, and because he demonized Yuuko. That, added to his hatred for his mom because he was just a stand in for Akira, you can say he's fed up with everything. This manga isn't called Shounen no Abyss for lulz.

I agree tbh, while Reiji's descent into his current form is arguably the "abyss" the series has been building to this whole time, something about it just feels off. I think I'm still disappointed with how Nagi's backstory was ultimately revealed, so having that be the final catalyst ruins the impact for me.

Also, I'm pretty sure his dad was always the man who raised him and who Gen killed. Yuko only told lies about his parentage to ensure no one else would love him, and perhaps also because she still wished in her heart that Esemori could have been the father of her child. The question of who Reiji's father is was completely dropped after Reiji realized this (i.e. after Grandma revealed the lie Yuko told her), so I think it's the intended answer. Reiji is only calling Esemori his father now to get around the restrictions for visiting hours.

As for my thoughts on the chapter: depending on how close to endgame we are, my theory is that Reiji is going to fail to murder Mao, Mao will escape and report Reiji to the police (and probably accuse him of holding Nagi hostage too, which is only going to look very likely with them using Nagi's phone to communicate), Reiji will run away and meet with Sensei, and Sensei will be revealed to have been the woman in the beginning of the series.
A thing that would debunk all of that: the suicide woman from the beginning has the bang covering her left eye, Yuri's hair covers her right eye and the ch1pg1 intro in the japanese mag version had an opening text that said 少年は愛する女性と光を目指して。。。 ("a boy aiming for the light, with the woman he loves..."). Yuri... is not that woman (Reiji despises her) and Gen also has his bangs combed to the right when he let his hair grow after the 1st timeskip. Only Nagi and Chako have the bangs in their hair covering their left eye, but Chako just cut her hair a few chapters ago, so that only leaves Nagi as the suicide woman, besides, her hair began to grow back to the length of the 1st chapters during the time Yuri is brainwashing her into confinement.

Speaking of Reiji's parenthood: considering Yuuko thinks it's the 3rd time Akira came back (2nd in her eyes was when he brought Nagi to the town), that alone is enough to set the alarms of Reiji's real parenthood.

The shit that can happen is that Yuri will stop an unhinged and unbound Reiji and he will end killing Yuri in exchange because he will be absolutely pissmad (paralleling a bit with Yuuko killing Uryuu). That will be Reiji's final abyss: finally understand he is just like his mom in everything, even being a murderer. And admit he should have not been that harsh with Esemori, giving him an actual reason to die that would parallel Nagi's.

Mao only wants to make sure Nagi is alive and after confirming it, will fuck off forever back to his selfish life (if he doesn't get killed first). That will be the last straw that will make Nagi realize Mao just used her, giving her a last wind to stand up and leave that basement, reach Reiji and pull the double suicide. Final chapter is gonna be the survivors commenting on the double suicide, possibly saying it's the result of horrible adults ruining their lives, and possibly throwing Reiji and Nagi's ashes into the sea.

Dex-chan lover
He grew to hate him because he realized him and Nagi just got used by him as ideas for his books, and because he demonized Yuuko. That, added to his hatred for his mom because he was just a stand in for Akira, you can say he's fed up with everything. This manga isn't called Shounen no Abyss for lulz.
I get all of that. My point was that it's still important to get a proper closure. Yeah, Akira used him but he made amends for him now and clearly regrets what he's done. I'm
just saying it was cold of Reiji to not even shake the hand of a man who's about to die from cancer any minute.
Also Yuko was a shitty mom but imo if he really wants to close this chapter of his life it would be best to see her off and give her a proper farewell. Not saying he should forgive her though.

Dex-chan lover
No fucking way uncle-san doesnt know by now. Considering a worst case scenario, I can see him fighting back against MC and Sensei, after rushing over there worried, being the one dying for MC's revenge.

I swear to God… this manga is my own abyss. I mean, it’s a little genius to make the story such a deplorable experience for the readers that the title seems more than suitable. I think I am giving thir too much credit, considering that the last piece of work of this mangaka disappointed as well and became chaos by the end…. at least in my opinion. Alas, this one committed to the darkness.
I hope we’ll get an ending soon. I just can’t fathom it ending even in 10 chapters. More like 25. It’s getting too loooong. Can someone die already? The mom doesn’t wanna die, Esemori is still breathing, Yuri as well, can we snap out of it? Hope we don’t do a switcheroo on Nagi or Mao tho. It would feel so cheap
This is truly an abyss of a manga
Oh, and I didn’t realize that people are questioning who the lady is in chapter one page one. It’s clearly Nagi, I always thought that anyway.

Fed-Kun's army
that "creation of Adam" insert with ryuuji and akira almost touching was well done
Ryuuji better kill that son of a b. this one has hunch, better doing it fast, trying to talk and calm him

Users who are viewing this thread