Boy's Abyss - Ch. 181 - Mire

Dex-chan lover
People criticizing Reiji leaving are missing a key plot point, Reiji kept clinging on to reasons to keep living, trapping himself to the town to keep living, and suffering. Reiji realized that nothing he could do would achieve anything, killing Nagi and himself would be pointless, killing Mao would be pointless, nothing would help him or anyone. Ms. Shiba telling him to leave was just the final nail in the coffin. He left them all because in his mind he did all of it for nothing. He feels he'd be better off dead.
This.

And based on the drafts and the color page, he'd be proven wrong about a single thing... Nagi's life in the end wasn't a mistake despite of having lived an absolute mistake because there will be a single thing she'll never regret, having met him.

Esemori may have been a coward, an incel piece of shit, a puppet master who used people as ideas for his books but at least he was owning up to his mistakes in his final moments and he's sincere about not regretting letting Nagi and Reiji meet and being glad he met Reiji. In the end, even if he's not gonna be alive to see it, he won.

Aggregator gang
Mao has to be insane. As in, devoid of rational thought as opposed to being a scheming prick. Nothing more to say on him.

Reiji reallly just wants Nagi to be as hateful of her circumstances as him. Mao was supposed to be her Yuko. He couldn't get back at Yuko so he Mao was a convenient substitute for anger.

And it seems we finally came full circle to the first scene of the manga...and the girl is not Nagi unless she can teleport. It is not Chako either because she cut her hair and has no reason to die. So we have a Nagi lookalike just as we had an Esemori lookalike who appeared out of nowhere. Both these are the last subplots to be addressed. I doubt it's a coincidence.

So is the town actually alive? I doubt itll be explicit but this manga began with a superstitious legend and Esemori's highly coincidental meetings and illness. Maybe nuke the town was the solution all along.
That's Gen.... He is doing that gay cosplay shit...

Dex-chan lover
"So live, Reiji"
32d.png

Yep, this is kino

Fed-Kun's army
A reference to Thanatos no Yuuwaku. Go and read that short story. You'll crack an important code about the running theme of this manga.
I didn't know about this story until you mentioned. I went to read and holy, now it makes even more sense if it's the abyss.

Fed-Kun's army
Yuri in the end killed him with those words. Telling a suicidally depressed boy to live equals to tell a crippled man without legs to fucking walk.

Now he thinks his life was a total mistake too. If you suffered suicidal depression, you'll be able to relate to Reiji.
Sensei being the Goddess of Death instead of salvation kek

Dex-chan lover
People criticizing Reiji leaving are missing a key plot point, Reiji kept clinging on to reasons to keep living, trapping himself to the town to keep living, and suffering. Reiji realized that nothing he could do would achieve anything, killing Nagi and himself would be pointless, killing Mao would be pointless, nothing would help him or anyone. Ms. Shiba telling him to leave was just the final nail in the coffin. He left them all because in his mind he did all of it for nothing. He feels he'd be better off dead.

I'm not upset at Reiji leaving. I'm more upset at how Mao keeps getting away with his heartless shit. He has admitted he is a coward I know. As a reader, I wish someone would just cut off this bastard's dick or stab his eye. This is coming from someone who does NOT CARE for Nagi. He has a cute design... wasted on him....

Users who are viewing this thread