Boy's Abyss - Vol. 14 Ch. 138 - A Fading Person

Dex-chan lover
I don't know what Chako expected other than people feeling sorry for Nagi. Girl should just move on from Rei and just live a life without any of the characters

Dex-chan lover
RIP Chako fucked everything up for the wrong person lol cue sad trombone sound effect

Also lol assclowns that pretend to be friends coming to "check in" so they can get the deets that only "friends" can get from someone involved in a scandal.

Shits fucked and all of it may not seem realistic since it's all happening back to back in this manga, but a lot of this shit is depressingly real, just doesn't happen so close to each other. Unless, yknow, you're in a similar situation as any of the characters in this series.

But yeah, fuck those classmates lol and the agent and producers and photographers and other media workers that were involved with Nagi/Haruse's junior idol shit. Cause that shits disgustingly real too, even if they're claiming to be targeting the teen/tween demo with the underage gravure idol "swimsuit" issues.

Dex-chan lover
I thought Chako crying was apart of her plan to lend more credibility to the idea she was in relationship.

Dex-chan lover
So Esemori chose Nagi because her background was already similar to Yuko's.
I don't really understand why Chako's freaking out. Isn't that what she wanted?

Dex-chan lover
Possibly because the news made it seem like Nagi was a victim.

Dex-chan lover
I think Reiji learning of Nagi's past (and how similar it is to his mother's) will drive him to take action and find her.
For what purpose however, it's anybody's guess. Slowly healing their wounds and finding new purpose in life... or the much-anticipated lover's suicide?

Fed-Kun's army
I don't even remember if they actually had sex?? I don't even remember him being naked around her. So how did the rumor start of sexual acts and why didn't anyone he know ever try to confirm that. So weird.. anyways chako needs to stfu my God.

Fed-Kun's army

I definitely think everyone else is also onto something, but my read was that she didn't actually know he had cancer until she read that article. I'm not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure the only way she'd know beforehand is if someone told her offscreen.

Someone'll have to correct me if I'm wrong, but the vibe I got from the end of the chapter was it intentionally juxtaposing that realization with Reiji reading that Acrylic dropped Nagi, like both of them are realizing that their respective idols are Gone. Not literally yet but Acrylic is never going to be the way Reiji liked it when the story started again and Esemori is probably not finishing that last book. It's distinct from early manga Chako becoming disillusioned with Esemori after meeting him in real life or early Reiji realizing that Nagi is a person.

Users who are viewing this thread