Boy's Abyss - Vol. 15 Ch. 143 - A Perfect Story

Dex-chan lover
I get the sense that this manga is written in a way that's not very amenable to tankoubon format...

Where my reiko shippers at? 🫡 we won
Can we even call it that? They said they liked each other, sure, but Chako also said she wanted to be the kind of person his mother was to him. Seeing as she talked about wanting to be like a heroine in Esemori's novels, maybe that was just the natural conclusion of learning that the inspiration for those characters was Reiji's mother, and perhaps she mainly has in mind the relevance and presence that Reiji's mother had.

Regardless, after all that, Reiji says that he loves her. He explains this as her being a presence he consistently enjoyed, but given what Chako said, I wonder if there's some secondary meaning as it relates to his mother. I can't guess how, though, since he clearly regrets that his mother isn't dead and never thought back to her this entire chapter.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
No, Chako isn't dead.

She is still breathing which can be seen by the breathing sfx besides her head. I guess she is just beyond exhausted or maybe even in coma due to malnutrition.

And before anyone ask why Reji is trying to burn everything its actually simple: He wants to grant chako her death wish.

SPOILER_IMG_8050.png

Dex-chan lover
arent the sound effects on those panels where its a close up of her face for “soft breathing” or whatever?? i dont want to believe she is dead i actually liked her character. also who the hell is that lady

Dex-chan lover
No, Chako isn't dead.

She is still breathing which can be seen by the breathing sfx besides her head. I guess she is just beyond exhausted or maybe even in coma due to malnutrition.

And before anyone ask why Reji is trying to burn everything its actually simple: He wants to grant chako her death wish.

SPOILER_IMG_8050.png
okay good i thought that was the case. i dont know why everyone just assumes death immediately

Dex-chan lover
For the people who don't remember, the woman on last page is Shino'oka Saki. She was Esemori's first girlfriend, while he was trying to forget about Yuko. they broke up after she found out that Esemori had sex with Yuko. She was an important character in Esemori's past chapters.

Dex-chan lover
Damn. Was Reiji about to burn the whole place down with both of them in it? Or just Chako? Thanks for the chapter!!!

There is a shrine in the shot so it'll probably be a letdown accidentally dropped incense light now

Aggregator gang
Dead + him about to light that house up + a witness = this train will keep on chugging for a while longer.

If you doubt Reiji feelings for Chako let me tell you something interesting... The author designed a fish specifically for Each character you can see them in this manga art menu. When Reiji argued with Gen and he said he can't die yet bcause there's someone he loves, and Reiji wanted to see the girl again there appeared a drawing of fish in the panel, a symbol of character with specific Fin and tail patter . Now go see the manga Art and compare which fish with the same tail pattern ITS definitely not Nagi's because Nagi's fish has a straight pattern tail just like her aura. Also to explain why Rei wanted to burn the house, I think Its like the mouse accident, he think Its better to end Chako pain right away and do suicide together. That's why he say goodbye while looking at names who was searching for him (including Nagi i think Nagi called him ) i don't care about the angst, Reiji you do you but just please don't let Chako die like why she die what she did so wrong 😭? She don't even got the eggs yet

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, as a Rei x Chako shipper, I'm glad he finally revealed his true thoughts about her. He has already mentioned how important Chako was during most of his darkest years; that she was the shining light in his life. It's nice to see him affirm this by saying he loves her, despite seemingly being on the Nagi train for so long. Given what he did with his grandma, that totally made me think he could go in the opposite way(with spite and hate) when Chako reappeared, given what she did to Nagi.

Ofc, this doesn't mean he doesn't care or love Nagi too, but I think she represents something much different now than she did at the beginning of the story.

As far as Chako dying, I no longer going to believe in these end-of-chapter cliffhangers. Time and time and time again, has this author led the scene in a way to make us believe something has happened, only for it to not go as expected or even completely change direction on that same event. Just a few examples:

1. Chako holding the knife at the end of ch140(imply she might kill/stab Reiji or herself), but ended up with Rei simply tossing it into the river.
2.Gen seemingly looking defeated after Yuko talk-no-jutsus him into despair(ch124), only for it to be Gen attempting murder and trying to kill her offscreen by the time we see him again.
3. Sensei seemingly getting swept up by Yuko and joining her side to bring Reiji home, once she mentions about Nagi(ch119), only for Sensei to call her on her bulls*** in the next chapter.

As much as I enjoy getting swept up in the hype train with everyone else I'll wait until next chapter to see if she's really dead.

That being said, if she IS dead, then she will forever cement her status as the one Reiji has, and does, love the longest, never being erased to time. I'd kinda like that actually; it would be bittersweet, because despite her recent actions, I've always liked Chako, so it'd be sad if the brightest light in Reiji's life is extinguished =0(....

Users who are viewing this thread