Boy's Abyss - Vol. 15 Ch. 148 - What’s Wrong with Love?

Fed-Kun's army
Imagine having your 29 year old daughter, throwing away her future and being utterly obssed and in love with a little 17 year old boy. Think about having a grown ass adult daughter all over a 17 year boy but not like Reiji that looks almost like an angel, but the actual 17 year kids you've met, It really is a shame. I mean I get it you didn't like your life choices, but I'd be so sad to realize this is the way she chose to cope with here reality. I mean I love this crazy woman, bet girl by far, but I understand It can be though from the parents perspective.

Dex-chan lover
I can really feel how awkward her family is about her. They released her from her presumable obligation to attend her grandfather's wake, but they don't invoke any special familial affection between her and her grandfather in order to thus release her (i.e. they don't express a belief that it'll be especially hard on her), so it comes off more as if they don't want her in the sight of others.

This is hard for me to definitively prove as it stands, but I get the feeling that her family is only in her corner as to mitigate the shame she causes, not unlike how parents in Japan subsidize their hikikomori children because the alternative is risking the exposure of community scrutiny in a society with 1) different attitudes towards mental health and therapy, as well as 2) a higher emphasis on conformity and not disturbing others with controversy. The friend she relied on after the first time she was busted comes off that way, as well.

They're all still involving themselves with her, but in this strange detached way where they don't even hold her accountable for ruining her life trying to play "hero" in the inept way she did. They're not supporting her, they don't express any particular understanding of her circumstance, they don't condemn her, but they still offer her things like housing and money.

I wonder if this is intentional characterization for all of them. If it is, then there's this interesting dynamic where Yuri is consuming every bit of material and immaterial goodwill expensed by the people freely or otherwise still in her life, all for the express purpose of seeing through a pursuit that could have been earnest but is marred and conflicted at the root by desires so puerile they better suit a schoolgirl rather than a woman scraping 30.

In conclusion: sensei best girl.

Her character has developed very well, but she is still a little bit of crazy bitch.
That's the best part.

Imagine having your 29 year old daughter, throwing away her future and being utterly obssed and in love with a little 17 year old boy.
"Little"? Let's not get crazy, here. Surely, you've met high school boys, talk less of a 17 year old boy.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I'm betting it all on everyone committing suicide in the end, from the main characters, to the cops, to the parents. Everyone!

...except Reiji's mom. That cockroach will live forever.

Dex-chan lover
I'm betting it all on everyone committing suicide in the end, from the main characters, to the cops, to the parents. Everyone!

...except Reiji's mom. That cockroach will live forever.
Doubt Yuko will live.
Maybe she and Esemori die at the same hour, separated, but their souls will find each other.

We must be more worried about Reiji. On his resignation state, he can very likely be too desperate for company and love, he may end up accepting Yuri's affections out of sheer loneliness and unhinged inner Kurose generational trauma power. And the worst thing, he may propose Yuri to do lovers suicide

Consider that very likely possibility.

Dex-chan lover
still love Chako but godamn, he's poison to everyone. If I had to pick who would go down with him then I'd pick sensei because she's insane along with the only few adults who are willing to slap some sense in Reiji for not hurting himself. She's crazy and he's depressed. Good combo if you ask me.

Dex-chan lover
People who call Sensei best girl or sanest character in this manga are forgetting about Shino'oka. That woman is sanest girl until proven otherwise.

Dex-chan lover
It’s pretty clear Yuri is just lying to herself again, she realizes she has an unhealthy obsession with Reiji but instead of getting help she keeps pretending to have control over this.
Shifting the goalpost everytime, she clearly won’t be taking the “adult route”, since she keeps doubling down on stalking the boy. It’ll be her second time breaking the protective warrant.

Users who are viewing this thread