Boy's Abyss - Vol. 3 Ch. 18 - Waiting on the New Moon

Dex-chan lover
Eh I don't really mind that the chubster is part of the NTR crew now.

I'm just hyped to see more of best waifu sensei.

Do I want her to have sex with him? No.
Will it happen? I think sooo
He didn't just call her by her nameeee, she also idolizes him and is glad he doesn't mind about her being fat. Hopefully she just doesn't fall in love.

Dex-chan lover
Oh the youth, the innocence, the foolishness, the ignorance... it piss me off, his best friend it was in the border of a crisis even before knowing that woman, but yeah the life of this man is much more exiting.

She really seemed like the "Smartest" one out of everyone but clearly I was wrong and its actually the bully/male friend. I hope she does end up sleeping with him and MC see her after her stupid mistake

Dex-chan lover
Ironically, I dislike the "normal" people in this manga the most.

Am I the only one here who thinks Nozoe isn't gonna do the deed? I don't trust the guy but this ch feels like bait lol. Not expecting him to be the voice of reason but I legit hope he doesn't give Chako aids.

@Darudius
Tfw Idolfag but still hanging on to the hope that she's pure, I know she has a husband and all but I'm just clinging on to hope that she is pure.

I genuinely can't believe how many people commenting on this are super upset. This is real as fuck. This is real shit in the real world and that's what happens. If you don't like it, go read some dumb bubblegum harem manga like 5tobun or Love Hina or some other pie-in-the-sky shit like that where no one acts like a real human being and there are no consequences or stakes.
The whole point of this manga is people knee-deep in shit trying to make the best of it and taking advantage of others in the process. Thus the tragedy tag.

Still thinking this is just bait. Like Chako we are thinking it's that, but it won't be XD

Thanks @flavorful for these words full of wisdom. This manga really does have a heavy atmosphere inside it. Everything seems hopeless just like real life.

Dex-chan lover
Day after day, love turns grey
Like the skin of a dying man.
And night after night, we pretend its all right
But I have grown older and
You have grown colder and
Nothing is very much fun any more.
And I can feel one of my turns coming on.
I feel cold as a razor blade,
Tight as a tourniquet,
Dry as a funeral drum.

Run to the bedroom,
In the suitcase on the left
You'll find my favorite axe.
Don't look so frightened
This is just a passing phase,
One of my bad days.

Would you like to watch T.V.?
Or get between the sheets?
Or contemplate the silent freeway?
Would you like something to eat?
Would you like to learn to fly?
Would'ya?

Would you like to see me try?
Would you like to call the cops?
Do you think it's time I stopped?
Why are you running away?

Honestly, I expected this because throughout the chapter, there's this overall feeling of tension and dread. I don't think Chako has feelings for MC, either, in a romantic sense, but it's possible, but then again the dude did technically sleep with the man's wife so it's double NTR?

Any way, as much as I don't want to her having a sex with him, (for hygiene if nothing else) I can see this going one of two ways:
-The first way is the more straight forward, they have sex, she regrets it and her world starts to fall apart as she tries to get MC to tell her what to do

-The second way is the more interesting in my opinion: have the author slowly show that he's not such an immoral person, but that there's a wall between him and the rest of the world, and this inability to connect with people emotionally is what has lead to his failing marriage, acceptance of his wife's hollowness and her death wish, and his promiscuity. I referenced The Wall earlier, but I think it would be interesting to show that struggle in his character to try and make himself be able to emotionally connect with anything and anyone to find that sense of meaning, which inevitably fails and causes him frustration and makes him lash out. I think it would be more interesting if Chako's idol was destroyed not through him kinda pulling a Harvey Weinstein by manipulating a star-struck fan, but if it was because he lashed out unintentionally and couldn't control it, which leads to her opinion of him degrading.

Also the fact he looks like Alan Watts makes me sad

@Lugdu So the real world? That's basically the main point of every absurdist novel ever

Aggregator gang
There's more characters in this manga getting it, than I ever will.

Users who are viewing this thread