Boy's Abyss - Vol. 4 Ch. 31 - Years and Years

Double-page supporter
Ok so what i saw here is gen's dad makes reiji's mom fuck him cause he ran his real dad out of town? That's messed up so since they aren't in a relationship either he pretty much just uses her like a sex toy then 😳 and I'm still wondering if gen is gay for him he is right that's why at the end he said this is fine?

Dex-chan lover
In that town, the misery spreads like cancer and every new chapter gives more reasons to burn it to the ground.

Double-page supporter
All the source of this problem is Gens Dad :( if he never beat Gen all of this would never happen

Dex-chan lover
MEH. I am specifically making as loud of a MEH as I can, because that's my reaction to this scenario.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly amazed by the different levels of sht the author put into this one town

Supporter
As easy as it would be to say up and leave I kinda get it, it's one giant circle of misery caused by lack of misinformation. It'd be easy to say they all need to talk it out, but a lot of these problems are historical.

A lot of this reminds me of 100 years of Solitude for some reason, one day a large enough storm will sweep it all away.

Dex-chan lover
And I thought the story in "By Spring" got fucked up with the maternal prostitution

@Richman

Basically this chapter de facto confirms that the author is his dad given we've not only seen his mother recognize him, we know this is his childhood home until he got chased out of town, etc. Probably explains why he almost committed suicide, too.

You definitely also get the impression here that Gen is trying to protect Reiji, and trying to justify to himself his deeds. If you remember, he doesn't like cigarettes, but he remembers when he was going to show Reiji the dragonflies mating and his father killed them with a cigarette. (Symbolizing a death pack of lovers) He clearly loves Reiji and wants to keep him in the town and at his side at all times, but he can never really be with him because he has a reputation being in his father's shadow, and he views it as his duty to continue his legacy. (I think the cigarettes are a memento of his father in some esoteric way.) The last lines are basically him reassuring himself of this arrangement, of his father using his love's mother as a prostitute, and that he will keep Reiji in this town where he can always be with him, even if he has to tie him down through a marriage and can't actually be with him.

this gay dude should just confess. at the current trend, he'll probably have sex with MC and talk about suicide afterwards

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
@Tamerlane
What a horrible night to have a curse read depressing manga!

Fed-Kun's army
That's another big reason to leave that fucked up town lol.

Users who are viewing this thread