Boys Run the Riot

Power Uploader
@ajddavid452
It's a new thing that's popping: take a flat female character and draw it in male swimwear, topless at the beach, trying to pass for a male.

https://chan.sankakucomplex.com/?tags=male_swimwear_challenge&commit=Search
https://www.reddit.com/r/MensSwimsuitChallenge/

Dex-chan lover
@funkydealer Indeed, how arrogant and ignorant I must be to disagree with your opinion! Only a fool would deny that if a biological woman identifies herself as a man, then his body will also become masculine. It's biology, bitches!

all transphobes know is needlessly argue about the identity of trans characters in the comment section, be blatantly wrong about how being trans works, eat hot chip and lie

anyway, if you’re new here, welcome! Boys Run the Riot is a great manga about finding yourself and Epic Friendship. The manga is going to have an official translation by Kodansha (date unknown to me), but do read what we have for a taste of what’s going to be one of the first (?) positive representation of a trans man in manga! :-O

…do ignore the comments below to avoid getting your day ruined

@SuperOniichan as I've said before, please get a better hobby than making petty arguments with people that know better than you do. It's so boring and I'd much rather talk to people who are enthusiastic about the manga, not lonely debate bros that don't even do any research or read what other people say. ♡

Dex-chan lover
@tacotiiger Anyone who disagrees with your view of trans discourse, those are transphobes. I already understood this, I do not need to remind me once again. Not to mention the fact that if you quite seriously consider this to be the first positive representation of trans characters (poor Takako Shimura and Ryoko Ikeda), then you yourself do not know the genre you are arguing about and because of someone call others transphobes.

@funkydealer I like how you deliberately ignored my question in order to once again answer something abstract and not concrete like "you are wrong, because I know better than you, but I know better than you because you are wrong!" And yes, it's you who keep texting me insults or trying to bulling me, all I did was joke about what the author wants to do BL lol. So, if you should ask someone to stop wasting time on meaningless arguments, then this should be written to you and your friends.

Fed-Kun's army
i'll say it again for the retards
imagine bothering yourself over the politics of someone else's body autonomy
it is literally none of your business
if you disagree good for you now stick a cactus up your asshole and run around like a wind-up toy
not as if you fuckwits had much other use

the cover is wonderful… ryuu really went and just wore an all green suit huh… good for him! good for him!

Banned
Lol
tenor.gif

sssssso! i’m not here to argue with anyone. however, since this is a manga with an ftm main character, i have a pretty good idea of how the comments are going to look. as a result, i’m going to go ahead and explain, in simple terms, the science behind being transgender!

to start, you need to know that there are differences between the “male brain” and the “female brain” such as shape and size of different regions and output of different chemicals.
now, to put it in layman’s terms, what causes people to be transgender is this: while a fetus develops in the womb, the body starts as one gender. this is dictated by chromosomes, and, for the sake of brevity, we’ll just stick with xx and xy (though there are many, many variations). the body usually defaults to male or female, but occasionally ends up as some form of intersex.
next, the brain goes through a process in which it is exposed to hormones to masculinize it. the typical female brain will be masculinized less while the typical male brain will be masculinized more. however, sometimes an error occurs and the brain is exposed to too many or too few hormones. as they develop, the brain and the body don’t “talk” to each other, so if the brain is over- or under-masculinized, the body does not change with it. this results in a “male” brain in a female body, a “female” brain in a male body, or a brain somewhere in between the two types.
moderate to severe psychological distress tends to occur due to the mismatch between the brain and the body, known in medical terms as gender dysphoria. this has a general adverse effect on quality of life (to put it mildly), for which transitioning is the only existing treatment.
it is worth mentioning that there have been studies conducted in which transgender people of all types have had their brains scanned, and were found to have the “brain gender”, so to speak, of the gender they identify as.
here’s a good rule of thumb: the global medical community doesn’t tend to just go along with things for the hell of it. more information is easily accessible via the internet, just be careful where you get your information. hope this helps someone.

Users who are viewing this thread