Bread & Butter - Vol. 3 Ch. 9 - Croissant d' Amande

Wow heavy chapter

Thank you for the updateeeeeee <3 amazing TL notes yummy

Dex-chan lover
Wow that guy is a real pos. Maybe she should murder him lmao. She says she's just like him, but I don't see it. He seems much worse.

Aggregator gang
"We have no reason to divorce" YES YOU DO?!? Both of them need MAJOR therapy! The husband is an asshole who needs a slap in the face to realize he isn't the center of the universe, and the wife needs help overcoming her insecurities, depression, and past eating disorder! Their poor daughter...she deserves a more stable home. Parents who divorce and then try to undermine each other to become their child's "favorite" are selfish and only harm the child instead.
That's not marriage. That's a toxic home.

I really love how this mangaka looks at issues head on even while making the characters themselves uncomfortable.
Thank you for the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
ah what a wonderful series 🥰🥰
also omg i always appreciate the tl notes and little bits of research you all do and share 🥺🥺🥺🥺

Dex-chan lover
@EternalRavenDreamer you misunderstood, she meant it in a legal way; she explained that at this point she is just aiming for consolation money and child custody, but if she is the one to request the divorce without just cause she would get none of the first and would have to fight for the second. That's why she was actually hoping that her husband was cheating.

Jesus Christ! Why get married if you realistically can't see yourself with this person for the rest of your life. I mean God, I mean the way they both phase everything it's sounds like there blaming the little girl for not getting a divorce.

Dex-chan lover
Woww, that guy is an asshole... I do love this manga for bringing up these kind of topics though, it's not something most series usually dare to do!

Dex-chan lover
Whoa, that was something. I don't much like either of those two . . . but the husband probably didn't remember that asshole thing he said about feeding the girl sweets for more than three days. It loomed large for the woman because it was about her hangup, so she remembered it and let it ruin her life. For him, it was just semi-random snark on a day he was in a bad mood, and now he has no idea why his wife operates the way she does (because he's never made any effort to find out and she's never tried to communicate).

Thank you so so much to the translators for picking up this manga. I love Ashihara Hinako.

Users who are viewing this thread