Brides of Iberis

Contributor
Undeniably disgusting story. Seeing the promiscuous 2nd female lead as partner. absolutely disgusting.

But if I'm going to take it as a stepping stone for the 1st female lead character to get to know her real sexuality here, to get her real happiness.

I can somehow ignore how disgusting it was for the 2nd female lead as the main love interest.

Anyway, I'm happy that the 1st female lead got her own wedding and cute partner.

I decided to give this story a chance after seeing so many bad reviews about it, talking about how xx story was as bad as Brides of Iberis.
I... Wasn't expecting much -nothing, to be honest- and just wanted to know how this work i never heard of not long ago suddenly became so present everywhere I went. And I was so surprised to actually see what this was all about.

That is not what I call toxic. Nor was it unnecessary drama. There wasn't even any drama. Not in the way it's usually depicted.
It was sweet, and bitter. Because it felt real. And even then, in the end, it was still a very good, satisfying ending through the sad feeling lingering. It was the depiction of two persons not viewing love the same way and coming to terms with that. Being okay that it wasn't going to work.

And I can't understand what people saw instead of this.

Maybe it's the polyamory that was a problem ? Even though the story tells not everyone can work their way through multiple relationships at the same time whereas other can and it's okay.
I would have trouble thinking it's that. I mean, when I read girl's love here the comments are always full of people praying for "poly route" so why not here ?
Is it because of cheating ? I wouldn't understand since there is none in this work. I mean, maybe there are people struggling to understand themselves, but they almost never lie and end up being honest with what they feel and want. The girl everyone seem to hate (second mane lead) never hide anything and live up to what she feels. And the actual main lead is just lost but again doesn't hide it when she understand that she cannot go back.

It was a beautiful story, and I can't honour it with a good enough message. But I at least wanted to give another interpretation of what some seem to see as garbage. Give it a chance, it's short and maybe you'll like it.

I really enjoyed this story, though, I think it could have used some more time to show the connections between these characters

Really interesting, its good to see a mature take on poly relationships and how they can be a hard thing to pull off. I would have hoped to see more how the mc and her fiance dealt with her cheating and in general the story still had things it could have explored, especially how poly relationships actually work. The gimmick of "wedding planing" really didn't do it for me, but that is a personal thing.
All in all I liked it, it was a mature look at poly without fetishising or infantilising it, but it had potential to explore more.

I came from this story off of reading "Octave" also made by the same person. I have to give credit for the authors ability to make what's happening feel so real. I felt like I was in the story, experiencing the emotion with the characters. I really wish this got the same length that octave got so we could have more fleshed out characters but at the same time she did an excellent job with the story telling given the length.
i really wish that we had some closure on what happened between the mc and her final partner at the end but at the same time it does have some beauty in it being up to your own deduction. Maybe it was the lack of time to explore it, but I feel that it's unwise to assume it was just a "okay! No more feelings for eachother now!" Because what's stopping the main character from falling back into a toxic loop of searching for that hit of love that person gave them? I feel if maybe we had more of that final bit fleshed out it would be easier to not just doubt the mc's maturity and assume she would fall back into a cheating complex
But I did love it! It gave me those same crazy emotions that Octave did, and that's what makes Akiyama's work so amazing

As much as love Yuri genre, ill put this one in my top ten worst. Because it just feels so wrong man, I feel bad for
Jun-kun. I hate it when people say "I don't care, as long as they are happy I'm happy" bullshit. so youre going to make a fool out of yourself so it hurt less? wake up bro its better to take all the pain all at once, than having to keep induring it for along time. I just felt horrable when they first kissed when normaly ill be so hyped just like when i thought masturbating to furry Corn would be good, but I feel disgusted after ward to my self. I dont know if this is what the author planned for their audience to feel, if thats the case well they succeded. so theyre ill rate this one 4 for being unipue from others. 1 for what the make me feel, and 4 for the story over all 9/15

I read to about chapter 4 or 5 then skimmed through the rest. I just couldn't take it anymore. This whole story is disgusting. What the main character is doing is disgusting, and what the other woman is doing is disgusting. Its not a story about poly-relationships or finding yourself; it's a story about a cheating woman and a homewrecker who somehow found 2 losers to shack up with. If you wanted to make a story like this show that the MC's relationship is on the outs first. Normal people just feel bad for the guy Jun. I read a lot of yuri manga and it often has a problem with treating would be lesbians and newly discovered lesbians as overly important. If you think being happy is so important you'll hook up with a woman who's already sleeping with God knows who else then somethings wrong with you

Users who are viewing this thread