Bring the Love - Ch. 24

Contributor
Honestly, Lucas and our protagonist's relationship seems healthy for what it is. Mismatched feelings are very hard to deal with; him trying a bit harder than is appropriate, and Leah setting him firmly but gently back in place is not the ideal dynamic, but...

(I am assuming as I say this that most of their conversations don't involve Lucas being quite so desperate.)

Regarding the various stances on Lucas in the comments here, I think it's totally possible to both recognize that Lucas is clearly in the wrong and at the same time feel awfully sorry for him.
(Sometimes we have to harden our hearts when people around us have this sort of bad behavior, as a practical matter, of course. Still, whenever we have the capacity, I think it's best to mourn that as the regrettable fact that it is)

No means no Lucas. You should look for mutual love. There’s lots of people. Shouldn’t waste it focusing only on one you have no chances with. Besides it’s creepy stalkers after a while.

Double-page supporter
In a way this episode reminded me of the one where we met the uncle. In a lot of other stories the uncle would have been evil and conniving, so it was refreshing when he turned out to be nice. Similarly in a lot of stories the heroine wouldn't have realized that Lucas liked her and he would never get full-on rejected. But here she gave him a very firm, very decisive no. It's really interesting and unexpected.

The way people love can be different, so I dont see any problems with Lucas not giving up. But I draw the line at forceful, manipulative or abusive behavior, which Lucas clearly isnt doing.

Not giving up after a lifetime of direct "no"s is the surefire way to close off any feelings of affection, even the kinds still found in friendships.

You just become a source of stress and irritation, Lucas is dangerously close to being a Nice Guytm

I reaallly like how story going😊😍
there's nothing strong conflict problems about the MC and side characters here😊
it have the mood *just chilli'n, no worries somethi'n like that even the war kept mentioning here haha more power to you dear translators😊Fighting😊😍

I feel bad for Noah and Schultz's situation too. He's in limbo cos Noah can't say no to any of the people she's been with or are in love with her. That'd be too much for someone waiting for their relationship to be clear too.

Double-page supporter
I mean I do feel kinda bad, but like come on. How are you gonna try to argue that you've become a man while also acting like a child. The all caps in bold letters is what did it for me lmao

no means no Lucas
pushing ur feelings down her throat won't make her love u
it'll just tick her off more
so i suggest u stop while u still have ur head attached

Like, I do feel for Lucas... but after being firmly told no on more than one occasion, at that point, you're no longer respecting their feelings, their judgement, or your relationship/friendship with them. And also, you're forcing that person to be the "bad guy" when they have to resort to being mean to you to finally get through to you. No one wants that, especially if they really do value your friendship.

Dex-chan lover
He needs to know to take no for an answer, and it was definitely warranted, but a brutal takedown is still a brutal takedown. You just kinda feel compelled to give a sympathy oof if nothing else.

Dex-chan lover
Poor Lucas, I feel a bit bad for him but she has said no multiple times already before this.
No means no.
Can't help but feel a little pity for him tho, that's rough buddy

I personally dislike people like Lucas. I've had a friend for the longest time who constantly brings up the topic of dating even though I've clearly stated that i don't wish to date him. It is frustrating how he says he understands and wishes to continue being friends but has this type of behavior. I personally find it toxic and tiring, but it doesn't make him a "bad guy".

Dex-chan lover
@3marie3 - Yeah, I know some guys who would just hang around some of female friends of theirs on the off-chance that they would one day suddenly be interested in them. I felt like it was dishonest, because they weren't really looking to be friends, but were just playing the role.

They should just find someone who is interested in them instead of being a creepy fake friend.

i pity lucas, i don't dislike him causa I know he isn't doing it with bad intentions, but he really needs to learn that no means no

Users who are viewing this thread