Buddha Cafe - Ch. 62 - Dangerous Salt

Fed-Kun's army
Can someone enlight an ignorant fool like me, what is the difference between normal salt and the special one?

I don't think there's a difference in terms of taste, but it's kinda gross because it's like using salt for an exorcism or something and then cooking a meal with it afterwards... just bad vibes I guess!!

@sweet-potato Can't eat my watermelons without salt. Probably a cultural thing. Also, the salty taste actually makes the watermelon taste sweeter because of the contrast. Another reason to use salt, it activates the salivary glands and makes the fruit seem juicier and more refreshing. Especially delicious during summer.

@Tikibo Super late explanation but salt used for exorcism is prayed over and blessed by a priest. It's not meant for consumption. Not sure if there's a bad spiritual connotation to eating it though.

@underjuvie
yeah maybe a cultural thing. We usually eat mango/plum/banana/sour fruits with salt + chilly powder
About Watermelon, we eat raw. but with melon, yeah, sometimes with salt too
I'm Vietnamese

Aggregator gang
More importantly... why was the salt for exorcism placed in the kitchen in a pot that says 'sea salt'...? =P

Users who are viewing this thread