Burning Effect - Ch. 136

Group Leader
Not gonna lie.
Kinda fucked up of Hyper to leave killing Gerbain (and subsequently the citizens) to Great.

Im honestly annoyed at myself for not realizing that Great used Hyper's sword until now.

Dex-chan lover
Hyper probably hoped that Great would just stop Gerbain. Instead, Great only hesitated. So in the end, he will uphold the law in a way Hyper didn't but kept a close eye on what crimes were committed. He didn't kill people for small misdemeanours.

Dex-chan lover
How quick they are to trust the word of a deranged mass-murderer over the one guy who has been basically solving all their problems without killing anyone for who knows how long. Nevermind the fact that killing an Administrator basically puts you on death row anyway, so they were dead from the start. No hope for Block 5, after all.

Great is one of my favourite characters but I'm glad his backstory is basically over, I can't wait until

where we get the timeskip soon and see all the other characters again especially adult kai <3

Fed-Kun's army
@oured ditto. Giving in a terrorist's demands is dumb af. Especially one like gerbain who is deranged and bound to not keep her word but just toying with her victims. Hyper was beyond moronic and deserved to die.
@ZanaduKhan Yeah agreed. This flashback was way too dragged and became pointless at least 10 chaps ago. Let's hope to get back to the real plot fast. What annoys me the most is that the ending was telegraphed since gerbain and hyper appeared. I mean, one was meant to be the "joker" and the other the goody 2 shoes that was bound to die for his ideals (again, hyper was a good guy, if he lived in modern times, but in a post apo world his ideal was = to suicide) and naive behavior. I mean, anyone could have killed him anytime, just take a baby hostage and ask hyper to suicide. He would have, the mron.

Dex-chan lover
And thus Gerbain won, the problem was lies primarily with the citizens being unable to understand the situation, with no one to upheld the legacy that Hyper build things would have gone to shit eventually. Hyper's big mistake was to take it all upon himself without spreading his views to his citizens, so in moments of crisis they all devolve to lawlessness.

This is a great opportunity for Kai, he had the chance to see why Hyper failed, Kai too will die one day, and so will the rest of the members of Xevolt, and then what?

He needs to spread his ideals so that the majority of people will try to upheld them, that was the entire point of this flashback, and that's why Kai was there watching, it is not enough to just acquire power and control over a territory, it is not enough to reach the top, when it comes to managing a society you need the society to follow and agree with your ways.

No one really followed Hyper, and no one follows Great neither, which is why the place is a shit hole even more now than it was before when Hyper was alive.

Get it now both of you? @Legion_01 @ZanaduKhan this is the set up that makes it important for Kai to grow and become an adult, this is the perspective that he was missing when he was confronted by Y, this is the reason why Great specifically hates Kai, and this is his chance to get an answer to all of those things.

@bingbingmeup now that you mention it, that's a great detail.

Users who are viewing this thread