By Spring - Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - Home

Dex-chan lover
@Tamerlane

same here, buddy. i actually didn't expect much at first but it's been a pretty pleasant surprise. hope it finishes strong.

Group Leader
We already got Yandere Mother and MC Crush Classmate plus Haru Fake Family what else do we want in this manga......

Dex-chan lover
I don't like that ominous foreshadowing... @GuitarLegend

Honestly, I like fucked up shit if it can be cleverly written and have interesting or complex characters, so this shit is right up my alley. @Buraindo

Then again, I liked The Great Gatsby and Of Mice and Men, and those definitely aren't "Feel Good" novels by any stretch of the imagination...

Group Leader
Just so you don’t get disappointed I’ll say it’s not as fucked up as you might think but you will really enjoy the character development so hold tight for a week hahaha

Dex-chan lover
Quite some story development in just one chapter. And that within 2 volumes. Hope it standing strong.

Dex-chan lover
I'm really really enjoying this. Author does a really good job of crafting interesting and intriguing characters, who are all fucked up in their respective ways, and I'm looking forward to more of it.

Dex-chan lover
I think the step-dad is just being insensitive, but the MC's mum is just....
What does she want from her son? Wouldn't really mind if they did it together for the first few minutes, but she just left him all by himself. Looks all she provides him with is just a room and a hug.

From what we've seen so far, Haru seems to be overreacting. Sure, her home life might not be absolutely perfect, but by no means is it all that bad (so far).

If this ever gets an anime, slight chances I guess, I already have a VA for the mom. I had her voice in my head all the time this chapter, the slightly menacing warm voice of Sayaka Ohara as Yuuko from xxxHolic or even as Veronica from Arte.
I just had to let this off my chest

I don't know what I am supposed to get from this, sure the characters are supposed to be manipulative and garbage, but it comes off as really preachy.
MC family is clearly poor and the mother has to resort to prostitution, you could say that she's keeping all the money and giving squat to her kid but then again they still live in a shit house and eat the same garbage food, so they've both have it rough. Not mother of the year material at all but it's not like she's pure evil, she even cares enough for her kid to warn him about going to buy a prostitute.

Users who are viewing this thread