By the Grace of the Gods - Vol. 5 Ch. 21

@Randompersonontheinternet1
I totally agree in not giving them money, but Ryoma still should be able to help them by teaching them how to fight, considering he himself said that he have nothing else to do since the slimes took care of everything already and he is quite adept in magic and combat
Their team comp seems fine:
1 Thief(Monkey)
2 Frontline(Gorilla+Dwarf) -> Can be shield or two-handed weapon
1 Magician(Half-Elf)
2 Damage Dealer(Dogs) -> Archer, Spear, Swordsman, you name it.
Which Ryoma seems to be able to teach except for the front lines.

Double-page supporter
@Reazse

I think the problem is he doesn't actually have true combat experience. His incredible combat prowess comes from his own martial arts skills, archery skills as well as his transferred stats and magic, not traditional group-based adventurer fighting experience. Other than archery, which I doubt these kids could really afford, and martial arts which requires strength to be useful none of the others are really applicable to the kids. In fact, being a somewhat "Jack-of-All-Trades, master of all", his teachings could actually hinder growth of those so much weaker than himself.

@Geohie I guess it's true... Well, at least give them basic body training then. Just to train their basic for whatever path they're gonna choose later on

Why introduce another currency this far into the story when you haven't even developed the last one properly? All that's missing now is
A. a completely pointless exchange rate between those and the japanese yen. Because just saying 1 banana costs 5 copper coins isn't enough for the average japanese reader to follow, apparently.
and B. Basing that monetary system around the yen. Because nothing's more convenient and immersive than people carrying thousands of solid metal coins on them all the time in order to buy that 500 copper coin banana.

Users who are viewing this thread