Can we have a perma setting to stop mass loading images on webcomics like Korean ones? :implemented:

The images tend to not load because they all load at once. And when I set to load 1, it resets immediately back to load everything when I go to next chapter or reload current chapter so it doesn't stick.

This can be a problem as some webcomic images are also massive, so Mangadex just kaputs webcomics after long browser sessions.

Can we have a permanent setting that loads the webcomic images 1 by 1?

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Yeah it's called the default reader. Stop using legacy.

Dex-chan lover
@hayasaka03 There are 2 types of reader at Mangadex: default and legacy. Legacy is the old reader that puts a lot of strains on the servers and also has a lot of bugs and mods always ask people to stop using it.

Dex-chan lover
daily reminder to stop playing with a dead body called legacy reader

It says default reader in settings. That's definitely not it.

*edit:

And yes, it always resets to longstrip native on the right side collapse menu settings under g when chapter is refreshed or I go to next chapter.

I want it on single like manga, but it just resets back to longstrip first.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@crazybars Then the reader already does what you're asking, it downloads images in sequence. That's actually one of the most common criticisms of it that I keep seeing, the fact that it doesn't initiate the download of every image at once like legacy does.

Though iirc it is possible that the first 2 or 3 images start the download simultaneously. After that, there shouldn't be an issue.

Manga that are tagged as Long Strip do always override to "Long Strip (native)" because it would be kind of insane if they didn't. The display mode doesn't affect the way the images are loaded.

Users who are viewing this thread