Can You Keep a Secret? - Vol. 2 Ch. 10 - Distinction

Dex-chan lover
Gratuitous "sankyu" thrown in there. Unneeded, and it didn't fit in with anything else. It looked like a name to me at first before I realized, and it's never been used like that before. Just looks off.

Happy to see you're back @sleepyfoxscanlations

The points you bring regarding the other group up are all true so here's hoping that everything gets sorted out without too much fuss, your blue pages and high quality are far more than is deserved.

Group Leader
I have to say, it's really nice seeing all these old faces. Getting me right in the kokoro.

@iRawrzKai WHOA THAT'S A DANGEROUS WEAPOn right there. Thanks but that almost killed me. Seriously though, thanks for the gift and the welcome back!

@Starbright Yes, I absolutely will get working on Fukami soon. So sorry about not releasing any after promising volume 3 those many months ago.

@waldo220 It looks like it'll be a joint! But yeah, I'll keep the pages in— I need somewhere to put my rambling, y'know?

@yummyyummy For sure, I'll keep on chugging. And they seem like a decent group to try doing a joint with too, so far.

@Kuu90 I'm rather happy to hear you enjoyed all three of those series. Saeki bonus chapters and Fukami-kun volume 3 should be making progress soon. And I made myself promise I wouldn't stop scanlating for beyond 3 months if I could help it xD.

@-Aincrad- Indeed, I don't think it's much of a spoiler to say the series continues to be quite fluffy. I know some people find it boring when there's no drama, and I enjoy it myself sometimes, but there are also other times I don't want to deal with it. That said, sorry for injecting a little unfounded scanlating drama at the end there.

@Tamerlane It was a nice snooze... still sleepy though.

@comeonnow0 It's something I thought on for a while. It came up in an earlier chapter (I mentioned it in the credit/end page) and there was a little discussion in the chapter comments about it. I was leaning toward using "danke" when it came up next, but ended up changing my mind when I saw it on that page. Opinions seem quite divided on the best way to reflect it, and I didn't just want to put "thanks" every time— and to be honest, I do like hearing/reading Japanese accented English sometimes.

@KAFi Yua Uerukamu (You're welcome— man that seems way harder to understand than sankyu)

@NODZZ I've talked to them for an hour or so, and it seems it was all me being a little paranoid. And thanks for the compliments about my work! Though I know that it only qualifies as medium quality really since I leave much of the sfx untranslated when I think the meaning is pretty clear, and like the visual impact.

Contributor
@sleepyfoxscanlations

summary.jpg

@sleepyfoxscanlations Good to have you back! Your scanslations are some of my favorite, and you clearly care about your craft.

Having said that, don't feel pressured to spend more time on this. Take another few months off if you need, we all understand.

Aggregator gang
Man, reading your end credits is literally as enjoyable as reading your manga, I think all the messages you have directed towards you below is enough proof of that, so if they do pick it up, and even if it's good, we will certainly miss your work, thanks for everything, and I hope to read a lot more of the projects you have and will work on :)

Welcome back SleepyFox! GLad to see you're okay! Sometimes you need to be absent even from things you like to avoid a burnout or because irl things, so no problem, anyways thanks for your translation and your unique last page <3

I used to see masks in manga and think Japanese, now I see masks and I think COVID-19. 😅

Welcome back @sleepyfoxscanlations! I'm glad to see you here again. Your note about remembering how fulfilling working on these is for you really hit home with me. I truly think that doing what we love, and pouring time into our hobbies, is an important part for fullfilling ourselves.
Don't need to rush it though! Having you back is already a good thing.

I hope to keep reading your credits pages in the future!

Users who are viewing this thread