Can You Keep a Secret? - Vol. 7 Ch. 62 - Camping with Everyone ①

idk why being a housewife/househusband is seen as a bad thing tho (plus going by in-universe lore, she didn't really care much about continuing her original work anyways)

Look at the bigger picture. It's not about being a housewife/husband is inherently bad obviously, or the character herself expressing her desires. Let's not kid ourselves, it's about a somewhat outdated role model systematically imposed on women in most on this kind of SOL/romcom settings while reallity in Japan tends to change (slowly). I'm doing a little whine here because it's just the 50th time I've seen this, and i wanted to express my rant for a change, but it could have been anywhere else. i'm still enjoying the story so far :thumbsup:

Double-page supporter
Look at the bigger picture. It's not about being a housewife/husband is inherently bad obviously, or the character herself expressing her desires. Let's not kid ourselves, it's about a somewhat outdated role model systematically imposed on women in most on this kind of SOL/romcom settings while reallity in Japan tends to change (slowly). I'm doing a little whine here because it's just the 50th time I've seen this, and i wanted to express my rant for a change, but it could have been anywhere else. i'm still enjoying the story so far :thumbsup:
I agree with the outdated model however, that is one in which the woman is coerced into leaving behind her career for the sake of the household

SKOBKfW.png

which is not really the case here. So I think labeling any kind of leaving work --> housewife as pertaining to that outdated system is a bit misguided

I do think there are indeed other series' that have what you are ranting about so I can understand the feeling, but i wouldn't consider this one one of them imo

Dex-chan lover
85 chapters, that's plenty of content to survive on for awhile or until somebody decides to pickup the english license. Please let them finish this before that happens....

Also, by pretty young, are they saying that they are both somewhere in their 40s now? If I remember correctly, the general trend in starting a family in Japan is somewhere in the mid30s and it continues to rise due to how difficult it is to climb up the business hierarchy there.

Dex-chan lover
It's been a while. Glad to see this back and blazing. Thanks for the translation

Users who are viewing this thread