Catulus Syndrome - Ch. 41 - Twilight Witchcraft

Dex-chan lover
Clever girl, Yuki is quick to understand the situation. I don't think she is ready to work here tho.

Dex-chan lover
Poor Yuki got scared and poofed her tail. Beautiful art this chapter, especially the snowflake. 😍

Dex-chan lover
Why is she calling her Gondou-sama when she's the customer?
Looks like we established why Moe is wielding the tashi. Moving on 😉
I'm starting to really like Anna. She's wild 😊 But boy, does she want Yuki 😄

Dex-chan lover
pg.8 "the roi des chat noir"

Umm... She's a girl. So it should be "Reine"(Queen) not "Roi"(King). Was it like that in the original too? That's just wrong...
Also, plural and titles start with an upper case... But then again it's all written in upper case so it doesn't matter I guess.
" the Reine des chats noirs "
🤐

That's a good point TetraSky, we didn't catch that!
Unfortunately, my brain retained nothing from three years of French classes in high school, else I might've noticed the discrepancy.
We simply went with what Nekotarou used in the original page like you guessed, so that's where that line came from.

Dex-chan lover
I could see why the author might have gone with a word that means king, given that they're Japanese. "Maou" is still basically "magic/demon king" even when they're applying it to female characters. Several nicknames I've seen in series also were calling female characters a "king" of something or other. I'd say novel and manga makers from Japan are frankly a little bad at foreign languages, and rule of cool is the order of the day anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread