Caught by the Villain - Vol. 1 Ch. 41

Fed-Kun's army
Okay I don't even feel bad for her right now because who the FUCK just drinks a flask that your opponent very obviously and suspiciously hands to you right before your battle like "Drink this" like? Excuse me? Literally a rock has a higher IQ than the protag

Dex-chan lover
glad the whole chat is screaming at her wondering why the fuck she would accept ANYTHING from the opponent after they made a deal to fucking kill the loser.

Seriously, who the fuck would accept a random drink from an opponent they're about to fight to the death? This is literally the stupidest thing I've ever read from a manhwa page in my entire life.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
Do not drink or eat before anything important. Even if its not spiked, what if you need to go elsewhere midfight? *cough*

I mean... As a general rule you should know not to accept a drink (or food either) from someone you don't know. That should only be something someone does with someone they know really well and trust like close friends maybe (even then i grew up being told to be at least a bit suspicious even with friends. My mom told my sis and me a story when we were in elementary school about how some girl was betrayed by some friends of hers who drugged her drink when she went to the bathroom.)

But then to accept a drink from someone you are going into like a death match against... 😳 Holy crap girl... Where'd your common sense run off to?

Wow... can't believe she drank that. Surely no one would drink something so suspiciously handed to them from their opponent right before a battle to the death... and for no one to notice or feel suspicious???

really author? really? you choose now of all times to turn the protag who's been suspicious of everything into an absolute idiot? ffs. this isn't "building tension", it's infuriating your audience by making your own main character act outrageously stupid.

"Hey drink this!" her opponent said.
>Drinks it

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Fed-Kun's army
She should have been more cautious damn it

Is this just part of her plan or will someone, probably the elf, intervene and declare that she was drugged?

Okay but like... couldn’t that have been just a teeeeeensy bit more clever? Like at least pay some bystander to offer her the drink for good luck. This just makes her seem like an idiot... and we know she’s not an idiot.

@gigiemmyxo
Exactly what you said. Everyone’s screaming at the FL but this is a writing issue. It’s not the character that’s the problem, it’s the author not bothering to come up with a better way to have her take the drug.

There are sooooooo many other ways this could have happened reasonably. I can’t help wondering if the author was cutting it close to the deadline and instead of illustrating the original scene, they just scrapped it and took the easiest route... and that’s why we got so many close-ups as well.

now this is something i can actually understand people being mad at. This is so out of character for our female protagonist that even i gotta complain. Really, there wasn't even a frame dedicated to the thought process that led to her blindly drinking something from her opponent. I'm thinking that this is either a weak, uncreative plot device to keep her talents hidden for some reason(and i can think of no reason why cuz the fact that no one knows her talents is part of the reason why she gets picked on for being weak/undeserving of her position and no one is really on her side except the two male leads and sometimes the golden horn lady is around)--
OR, thinking o p t i m i s t i c a l l y, she's more boss that we thought and this is either a part of her plan or she's so strong even drugs can't bring her down.

im sure selena noticed something off and still drank it because we have a panel of her eyeing her opponent after he stops her from drinking it. crossing fingers that this is all part of her plan or sumthn

Fed-Kun's army
Girl you just drink random stuff from anywhere?? Or was that flask the equivalent of free water bottles at refreshment stands...

Dex-chan lover
What are you guys talking about? The guy acting is 10/10 when he was about to drug her. IDK why you blame her for drinking the drug, her opponent acting is just too high of a level for her to notice any suspicious thing smh.

Users who are viewing this thread