Chainsaw Man 2

Aggregator gang
@Koshkom incest is not just a taboo but a thing most people just unconsciously avoid without even thinking about it, the familial relationship label on the other person excluding them from any possibility of being seen in that light. This is why you see the line "I see them as a sister/brother" so often used to shut down the possibility of a speculative relationship.
Also when they take a bath together Denji explicitly says "weird, this isn't erotic whatsoever" and starts referring to her as family around then. He pretty much immediately stopped viewing her as potentially sexy when she had him feel her fake boobs while sitting on an unflushed toilet. Lol.

@Jetsetlemming After all of that you just said I can only advise you to read another Fujimoto's work - Fire Punch (if you haven't already) - it features
a sex scene between MC and a woman who looks exactly like his younger sister and who he considers to be his sister.
- which should give you a hint at what Fujimoto thinks of these "ethics".
Also when they take a bath together Denji explicitly says "weird, this isn't erotic whatsoever" and starts referring to her as family around then
At that point he also doesn't realizes how important she is to him until waaaay later in the story (sees her only as "annoying something"), so... Also, should I really point at the fact that it's not clear what "family" could really mean for Denji?
I mean he killed his father, no?
And about "unpopularity of incest" - while the real-life incest and its themes is a seriosuly disturbing thing and avoided by many people, the same can't be said about fiction. I mean, we're talking about manga, right? I don't think that I need to tell you how popular all these "imouto/onee-san/onii-chan" are. So, taboo or not, that theme happens a lot in fiction.

Aggregator gang
@Koshkom
Sure, it's possible in Chainsaw Man 2, Denji will fall for the new Blood Devilman that Power reincarnates as. I doubt it, because their fraternal bond struck me as pretty important for the author in how he crafted their story, but maybe. Power herself (rip)? It really was never going to happen, and the people disappointed it didn't happen missed some really blatant signposting along the story about what kind of relationship Denji and Power had.

Completely random aside: I checked out the Chainsaw Man wikipedia page and found that the official Viz translation renamed "Devilmen" to "Fiends" (ok fine), but also they also changed Power's cat Nyako to "Meowy" and I am FURIOUS about this

What is the point of this since people are only using the original spot to post part 2 stuff?

Users who are viewing this thread