Chainsaw Man - Ch. 138 - Sword Man

Dex-chan lover
Dang, this Fumiko girl is not suited for the job of bodyguard.
She will leave Denji all on his own if they face a musical instrument devil!

Wait... Fumiko Mifune is Special Division, right? Does that mean she's also a hybrid?

Dex-chan lover
Have carnivorous big sister types always been popular in manga?

Because I'm not complaining at all, but I wonder if "we" found ourselves in a new era-- an era of onee/shota, or at least older woman/younger man.

Dex-chan lover
IIRC isn't the guy they fought Katana Man? If so and if this is Sword Man, could be an entirely different entity.
They are different hybrids, he appears in the last arc when Pochita fought Makima, he was one of the hybrids controlled by her alongside Quanxi, Reze... et al, in the fandom/wikia he was refered as "Longsword Hybrid" (updated to Sword Man in the morning)

Dex-chan lover
Are we soon going to get machete man or some other "sharp blade" devil?

Dex-chan lover
man i wish Reze was alive
Theoretically, she is, or the Bomb Devil is back at least.

My worry is what will happen when Denji find the Blood Devil. I'm guessing reintroducing Sword Devil now will be a test run to see if their memories can come back from before.

Dex-chan lover
Asking Denji to remember your existence, especially if you're a man... is wayyyy too much don't you think? You think he's got a braincell to spare for you? A man? Now if you're a smoking hot woman then he's probably got half a braincell for you.

Dex-chan lover
22 yrs old

nice-south-park.gif

Dex-chan lover
Finally one of the hybrids shows up, they clearly weren't dead after the last arc. Reze, Quanxi, and Katana Man are definitely coming back at some point, but I'm interested in what Sword Man, Flamethrower Man, Whip Woman and Spear Man are like when they're not being mind controlled

Dex-chan lover
Everyone remembering hybrids and Im wondering wtf you are talking about, I really need to reread part 1 ASAP.

State mandated GF? Since she works for public safety to "guard" denji?

This was certainly a twist.

Dex-chan lover
IIRC isn't the guy they fought Katana Man? If so and if this is Sword Man, could be an entirely different entity.
Also, I feel like less people are scared of swords in general around the world so he might be weaker, while fear of katanas (at least in Japan) are higher.
No, that’s one of the hybrids (Reze, Quanxi, etc...) that fought at Makima’s side against the Black Chainsaw Man and lost. Got manhandled to be quite honest. Like, it wasn’t even a fight. They got shit on and then Makima killed Chainsaw Man repeatedly until happened what happened.

Dex-chan lover
sword devil is probably a different entity from the katana devil. (can't wait for Excalibur,Zweihander, or Rapier Devil)

Users who are viewing this thread