Chainsaw Man - Ch. 146 - Chainsaw Man War

Dex-chan lover
WIth a chapter title like this I was so sure it would be another fake out, but nope shit is real! Is this part finally getting good?

Dex-chan lover
Anyone else think part 2 has sucked for ages? The last time it was good was when the new MC made a friend who became the justice devil. I think the author should just cut his losses and stop wasting his time on something that he clearly isn't ever going to make good again. just abruptly end it then take some time to think of a new good manga like fire punch or chainsaw man (which itself became much worse in the last quarter compared with the first quarter) or good bye eri
The last two chapters were amazing, so no. Much more likely you just have very bad taste.

Banned
Anyone else think part 2 has sucked for ages? The last time it was good was when the new MC made a friend who became the justice devil. I think the author should just cut his losses and stop wasting his time on something that he clearly isn't ever going to make good again. just abruptly end it then take some time to think of a new good manga like fire punch or chainsaw man (which itself became much worse in the last quarter compared with the first quarter) or good bye eri
all you nerds reacting to this, come on. We all know that the author is capable of much better than this.

Dex-chan lover
all you nerds reacting to this, come on. We all know that the author is capable of much better than this.
He's capable of much worse just check fire punch. Turned into a mess around the halfway point, at least part 2 has a direction and plot points that are being revealed right now.

Dex-chan lover
I don't get how the fire devil gives you deformities and chainsaw man people. Isn't the name supposed to be related to the ability? How is this related to fire?
Passion is also related to fire as a concept and the CSM church aspire to be chainsaw man. The stronger the fire gets, the more it cant be controlled

Dex-chan lover
"Stop wasting time" said the guy who keeps coming back every week, just as the chapter drops in excitement to read asap but keeps claiming that is just really bad 😔 oh the irony, the solution to your problem is very simple, and it doesn't involve asking for the cancellation of one of the most popular works right now.

Dex-chan lover
wkckDcT.png

super duper ultra mega powerfulest bestest extremestest of them all

Double-page supporter
Just bec
He's capable of much worse just check fire punch. Turned into a mess around the halfway point, at least part 2 has a direction and plot points that are being revealed right now.
Just because it was chaotic and weird, doesn't make it a mess. You didn't like it because it was so different compared to mainstream mangas. That was Fujimoto's goal, to make something unconventional, sometging that readers not used to.

Dex-chan lover
Ah, I think get it. Fire is the element of transformation. It turns ice into water, then into steam. It turns raw meat into cooked food. It turns ore into metal. It turns darkness into light. It turns wood into charcoal. It's the quintessential chemical reaction. Thus, it could in fact give people the power to transform themselves... albeit destructively.
You forgot the most important thing - FIRE gives LIGHT.

Dex-chan lover
Ah, I think get it. Fire is the element of transformation. It turns ice into water, then into steam. It turns raw meat into cooked food. It turns ore into metal. It turns darkness into light. It turns wood into charcoal. It's the quintessential chemical reaction. Thus, it could in fact give people the power to transform themselves... albeit destructively.
This man is cooking... with fire.

Dex-chan lover
Famine and her gang were already working on creating the cult amongst highschoolers at the very beggining of part 2. The class prez that killed Asa and Yuuko were both contracted to this fire devil. It always struck me as weird why the "justice devil" came back again so soon that time, and same in recent chapters when other cult followers transformed into meat blobs too.

So in the end it went something like this: at first Famine tried to gain control by force over Denji and Asa with the "eternity devil part 2: electric boogaloo" and falling devil incidents (by starving them and therefore gaining control); after failing, she realized Asa/Yoru has a thing for Denji and that she could just convince her to cooperate exploiting that feeling.

Only doubts are why she selected those two to be "boosted". Is War the second strongest after Death? Wouldn't Fami and Nayuta benefit from a boost too? Or maybe they need to boost War because she's the weakest in order to step up her game fo the upcoming battle? Maybe Fami is an AsaxDenji shipper and believes in the power of loooove?
Also, what about Fakesawman? The one that killed Yuuko and also helped Denji and Asa escape the falling devil.

Dex-chan lover
That confused me too. It could be that because of the mass contracts, Fire Devil became powerful enough to evolve powers that has nothing to do with their nature.
The way flamethrower worded it made it seem to me like the contracted people were always trying to end up as chainsaw clones, not weird abominations, but now with the mass contracts fire devil is stronger and can better emulate chainsawman's form.

I know it's a bit of a stretch, but fire being a conduit of change isn't that stupid, and I for one really appreciate that some devils have less than obvious powers and forms. Like the typhoon devil from part 1 being a meat vortex rather than having some generic wind power.

As to why they would all try to become chainsawman, I think it's cause it wasn't them directly making the contracts, it was flamethrower/the crurch in their name. Which maybe explains why Yuko had a stable form, but wasn't chainsawman (tho we can't be sure her contract was with Fire).

Dex-chan lover
Famine and her gang were already working on creating the cult amongst highschoolers at the very beggining of part 2. The class prez that killed Asa and Yuuko were both contracted to this fire devil. It always struck me as weird why the "justice devil" came back again so soon that time, and same in recent chapters when other cult followers transformed into meat blobs too.

So in the end it went something like this: at first Famine tried to gain control by force over Denji and Asa with the "eternity devil part 2: electric boogaloo" and falling devil incidents (by starving them and therefore gaining control); after failing, she realized Asa/Yoru has a thing for Denji and that she could just convince her to cooperate exploiting that feeling.

Only doubts are why she selected those two to be "boosted". Is War the second strongest after Death? Wouldn't Fami and Nayuta benefit from a boost too? Or maybe they need to boost War because she's the weakest in order to step up her game fo the upcoming battle? Maybe Fami is an AsaxDenji shipper and believes in the power of loooove?
Also, what about Fakesawman? The one that killed Yuuko and also helped Denji and Asa escape the falling devil.
I'm thinking either War needs a boost cause Chainsawman weakened her in hell, or maybe her weapon creation ability is crucial in order to turn Chainsawman into a Death counter. Leaning towards the second one, cause Fani's plan seems to be more focused on powering up Denji. If she wanted to boost War, why not starve-control a few world leaders and have them start some wars?

Speaking of control, I doubt Nayuta will just stand by as Fami manipulates Denji.

Users who are viewing this thread