Chainsaw Man - Ch. 149 - Devil's Choice

Dex-chan lover
What a fucked up but also wholesome chapter. I really hope Nayuta can see the good side in humanity. It just so happens that she witness the ugly side too often. Here's hoping Asa can help Denji change her perspective. Instead of the Control Devil, maybe... The Freedom Devil?
Wouldn't that weaken her? I don't think "Freedom" is something most people fear.

Only people I can think of would fear freedom would be dictators perhaps.

Double-page supporter
Great chapter!
I would be crazy for even considering this for any other work, but... did any of you also think there was a real chance of Denji accepting to join the "Devil's side"? Because the story often goes to some places I wouldn't expect at all. Nayuta is still inexperienced, she tried controlling Denji by offering things SHE likes (food, cats, dogs), but had she talked about things he likes or wishes (sex), perhaps Denji would've accepted in a hearbeat.

Dex-chan lover
OH GOD... human nature in a few pages, we are stupid and violent, but we are made of love.

Nayuta's face when Denji said how much he loves her XD.

It had to be someone like Denji to have the power of the chainsaw devil, life has beaten and stomped any pretense from him leaving only the pure desire to live and love in him, not something I think anyone should deal with, but proof that at his core... Denji is a loving person.

Dex-chan lover
I snorted at the panel of her smile. Wasn't ready for it, lol
Nayuta smirk
20231121_120531.jpg

(Also can someone please edit the Roblox smirk on Nayuta's face that would be so fucking funny.)
Kinda weird that Nayuta can sometimes flip between the logical reasoning of a devil like Makima then change back into a regular child. Maybe it's just her instincts as a control devil to try to manipulate Denji there, she'll definitely be the most dangerous character in the endgame.

Dex-chan lover
why did the art become worse
I don't remember if it was like this in part one, but it bugs me so much how half the panels are just characters with their mouths hanging open like they have brain worms.

Dex-chan lover
Average male when a cute girls shows them affection in this case a kiss.
nxyg9he09w0c1.jpeg

Dex-chan lover
Wouldn't that weaken her? I don't think "Freedom" is something most people fear.

Only people I can think of would fear freedom would be dictators perhaps.
Most people fear "true" freedom, and I would argue it is something to be feared. True freedom is not just emancipation from your own responsibilities and inhibitions, but also from the duties other have over you. True freedom is to be cast adrift from all binding ties, with responsibility only to yourself, and yet also having all responsibility for yourself. Liberation must have its limits or we become freed from each other, from the workings of our bodies, from the places we exist in, and from the imposition of reality upon our contradictions. Even, I have recently seen argued by a post-modernist communist, time itself would eventually be an oppressive structure we should be freed from.

Freedom could be utterly terrifying, honestly.

Dex-chan lover
I feel for Denji poor dude has been through so much and lmao the last page is wholesome.

Nayuta was giving readers PTSD flashbacks the way she was talking

Double-page supporter
Denji senpai fan club president Fumiko just now realized Dennis is fucked up and stupid beyond believe, didnt she? But hey she is still alive!

With how tame this part has been so far I kind of underestimated the scale of events, but their situation is actually pretty bad isnt it? People wanting to burn CSM is worse than it has ever been.

Dex-chan lover
you gotta give her more hugs before she shoots someone denji

my worlds over if nyako dies

Dex-chan lover
FdEZKoo.png

onward my minion!
not going to lie it was pretty wholesome

Users who are viewing this thread