Chainsaw Man - Ch. 168 - Kiss, Love, Sperm

Dex-chan lover
1) We really start this chapter with Denji slumped, and from what? The nut he bust?

2) There's something interesting about how Denji's mental state is really opaque in this chapter. We know what's been weighing on his mind up until entering the alleyway, but it's still difficult to figure out what he's been feeling in this chapter. More than anything, he's probably just extremely confused.

3) Asa's consternation is weird. I was expecting for her to not like what had happened, or that it had happened without her ability to intervene, but... Asa wrestled just enough control from Yoru to beat her(self) up. Why didn't she do that to begin with to stop her from kissing Denji (and especially from jacking him off)? Did she just learn how to do that by sheer force of embarrassment? Her objection isn't even so much that Yoru kissed him (and she doesn't mention the amputee handjob she gave, either), but the fear that he'll think she's a slut. If I didn't know any better, I'd think she hid behind Yoru for this and is now scapegoating her.

4) Last page isn't even a death flag, it's an author's not-- wait, what are those flags?

Last edited:
1) We really start this chapter with Denji slumped, and from what? The nut he bust?

2) There's something interesting about how Denji's mental state is really opaque in this chapter. We know what's been weighing on his mind up until entering the alleyway, but it's still difficult to figure out what he's been feeling in this chapter. More than anything, he's probably just extremely confused.

3) Asa's consternation is weird. I was expecting for her to not like what had happened, or that it had happened without her ability to intervene, but... Asa wrestled just enough control from Yoru to beat her(self) up. Why didn't she do that to begin with to stop her from kissing Denji (and especially from jacking him off)? Did she just learn how to do that by sheer force of embarrassment? Her objection isn't even so much that Yoru kissed him (and she doesn't mention the amputee handjob she gave, either), but the fear that he'll think she's a slut. If I didn't know any better, I'd think she hid behind Yoru for this and is now scapegoating her.

4) Last page isn't even a death flag, it's an author's not-- wait, what are those flags?
Wasnt it stablished that when asa/yoru are experiencing strong emotions the control of the body gets a bit blurry, so they cant switch, so asa could only intervene when the influx of emotion was over, aka after the kiss

Users who are viewing this thread