Chainsaw Man - Ch. 173 - Hard of Hearing

Dex-chan lover
Today chapter:
Previous chapter got cancelled.

Thank you Fujimoto for not doing anything at all.

Btw they should have started with this instead of throwing random possesed and see what sticks.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The memes were right about the elephants :kek:
WTF was that high heels devil? Sadism?
Mirrors/refleftions/inner self/or something like that

Erasure of not just concepts, but physical reality. That is a step beyond than I expected.
I am now convinced Pochita is Death in disguise. Nobody seems to fear death in this world, and our hapless 'hero' is giving reality true death one evisceration at a time.
What is a chainsaw but a multitude of reaping blades?

The theory is that chainsaw can delete stuff cause chainsaws were created as a tool to 'assist births'

Im not convienced of either.

Maybe pochita is just nothingness.

-Big primal fear
-makes sense that it can delete stuff
-make sense that nobody knows about it.

Dex-chan lover
Everybody is bitching and complaining, but what they don't understand is that This is probably some sort of horrible self fulfilling prophecy, and chainsaw man is going to vomit up something very dangerous.

I am hoping Makima, or whatever devil that the 4 horsemen were, because people forgot all about that one, because chainsaw man ate that one so very few know what concept that one is.

I'll be honest, even my fever dreams make more sense than whatever the hell's happening in these chapters

Dex-chan lover
It's a pity that he didn't take the topic a little further.

Also... if the ears were removed from the world what the fuck did the microphone and headphones do?

How did people know what words and speech were... a bit of a far-fetched motive after all.

Dex-chan lover
I can't agree that this did nothing, this proved two things.

1: That nukes might return,
2: That they arn't dumb enough to not take precautions against losing something vital to CSM.

Dex-chan lover
And then the moment a high stakes situation happens, you don't commit and remove all the high stakes in the future.
Three people each had to cut off a finger and presumably lose part of their spine just to get one good hit in on CSM, plus the cooperation of the people who actually figured out what devil he ate during a real-time reality restructuring event, PLUS the whole team of devil hunters sacrificed just to have CSM eat one.

All to get him to cough up the guy he only JUST ate. Yoru wants him to cough up the Nuke Devil who's been in there for who knows how long.

Stakes are still pretty high my dude.

Also I fucking love this new Hellraiser-ass, Fate/Zero Caster-ass motherfucker.

Dex-chan lover
[...] PLUS the whole team of devil hunters sacrificed just to have CSM eat one.
This point is irrelevant. This is the cost of having him eat a devil, not the cost of spitting one back up.
Yoru wants him to cough up the Nuke Devil who's been in there for who knows how long.
Yeah, I guess that's gonna be a whole lot harder and I don't have an issue with this either.
Three people each had to cut off a finger and presumably lose part of their spine just to get one good hit in on CSM, plus the cooperation of the people who actually figured out what devil he ate during a real-time reality restructuring event [...]

All to get him to cough up the guy he only JUST ate.
This is the issue.
The people that figured out what devil he ate? Unnecessary. It's nice to know which devil he ate, but that's it. It doesn't contribute to him spitting it back up.
Even if we assume the three finger guys died and the tentacle guy is gonna get shredded by Chainsaw Man next chapter, the cost is 4 lives to make him spit up a devil he just ate.

4 lives to counter a literal reality altering effect. That's the equivalent of buying the whole world for 4 fucking dollars.
"Hey guys, something important got erased. If we do nothing the world will end OR we could sacrifice 4 guys. What should we do?" Those stakes are so fucking low, I don't think it's even possible to go much lower. Unless maybe they contract with the Vomit Devil and make CSM puke just by standing near him.

The only thing high stakes here is PREVENTING him from spitting up something he ate a long time ago.

Dex-chan lover
NhppIc8.jpeg
Beat me to it lmfao

Dex-chan lover
Two weeks for a chap with nothin in it, i aint mad just disappointed.
That damn octopus guy better get turned into sashimi
To be fair there was a lot of great art in this chapter. Whenever a chapter has a lot of dialogue people complain that there’s no action and if there’s action people will complain about not enough happening to advance the plot.

Dex-chan lover
They saw Power and Makima and go "female character, must be waifu, must sexualize." Power is disgusting and unattractive, Makima is evil and abusive, but life.
Bro people who like Makima know she is abusive, they want her to abuse them.

Also Power learned to wipe her ass, brush her teeth and take baths. A better criticism would be that she is an unreasonable narcissist and a compulsive liar.

Dex-chan lover
So that’s interesting they appear to be experimenting on Chainsawman and his erasure capabilities. We will have to watch and see how this unfolds

Dex-chan lover
Interesting. So the Ear Devil is important. Guessing he has A LOT of Intel.

Dex-chan lover
If he eats future devil, how is future defined? Everyone dies? Market crash?
Or men can no longer get boner revealing that CSM is actually prequel to Modaete yo, Adam-kun featuring Shibuya Kaho

Dex-chan lover
Are they gonna make Chainsaw Man puke out Arnolone Syndrome, next?

Reading Comprehension Devil is strong in this comment section.
No, Chainsaw Man definitely ate that one.

...you think they're gonna make him puke that one out, next?

Power is disgusting and unattractive
You underestimate the horniness of the people you're talking about

Makima is evil and abusive
You underestimate the loneliness and horniness of the people you're talking about (also, I generally agree with your comment)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
aw hell yeah bloody mary

i think the apples rotten right to the core

Users who are viewing this thread