Chainsaw Man - Vol. 10 Ch. 84 - The Hero of Hell

Fed-Kun's army
This is a big stretch, but what if all the devils are in fact interfering with free will.
For example she talked about the nazi and how they were erased from history. If you think about it, it's taking the evil within humans and erasing that. She's the control devil and if you erase the capacity of humans to do evil, it's the same as taking their free will in a way. philosophically you can argue about free will, but my perspective is that you can in fact choose to do evil without direct divine consequences, but if evil disappears, so does your free will hence the control devil will be unmatched (maybe) and she'll be able to control denji.
From my perspective, she's not looking to do any good, she just seek ultimate power.

Ps. I know it's more about fear than evil, but if you think about it, fear is related to a recognized evil of some sort

Dex-chan lover
I see you Makima erase all old forms of evil so you can institute a new form of evil. YOU AINT SLICK LMFAO

Dex-chan lover
@checkmy4,
779343.jpg

What does an avatar have to do with chainsaw man mr.literal who that can't even beat a handicapped person?

Wait, she talks about "the four fates besides death at the end of life" among the things that have dissapeared and been forgotten after the Chainsaw ate them. Doesnt that mean in this mangas universe there were 5 things (including death) that could happen to you at the end of your life?
Also i dont know if i like that "what he eats gets erased" thing. Do only the memories about the thing the eaten devil stands for get erased, or does the whole thing and everything related vanish? Because that would mean once a devil is eaten, the whole univers practically resets to the point where this thing first became known / feared? I am all for not nitpicking every part of a story, but to many things go unexplained it just leaves a bad aftertaste for an otherwise pretty nice manga.

Aggregator gang
@CrimsonManga89 I mean, the investigator dude didn't know what a nazi was, so it's safe to say that the entire concept of whatever the name implies just ceases to exist.

so has Pochita been doing this for a long time, or is Denji manufacturing memories? and/or when he eats a devil, does it erase time going back too?? Like, did he eat the nazi devil years ago, or more recently but all of time/memories changed??? Really hope this doesn't go totally off the rails like Fire Punch did lol

Double-page supporter
@Jockpo523 when the american president called the gun devil down on makima he did it because he said she would bring about the worst possible peace, so i don't think you're that far off

Double-page supporter
in any case i think this makes makima less interesting, i hope she becomes more complex again as we learn more/as the story goes into the next arc/as denji pushes back against this and starts to work towards his own goals rather than hers

Users who are viewing this thread