Chainsaw Man - Vol. 11 Ch. 89 - Go Chainsawman

@no168_92 The fear from devils is the majority of his power I guess, but the humans still make up a good chunk of it so that's why he lost so much power. Or maybe rooting for him has the adverse effect of making him weaker.

Dex-chan lover
I guess an idea floating around my head, if not being feared is such a big deal, why did the chainsaw live with Denji? I don't mean this like an 'aha, plot hole!', more like, is there more we don't understand fully about the power's of devils?

Pochi made a contract with Denji, not asking for his fears, not asking for blood, but asking for his dreams. Not to be consumed, but to be fulfilled. As far as we knew, there was little benefit for Pochi in this deal. Maybe to hide from Makima, but they were already successfully doing that in dog form, and could have just left Denji to die after the zombies cut him into pieces. In fact, even after the contract was made, Pochi still tried to protect Denji from his repressed memories. Pochi didn't give Denji all his powers either, which seems weird considering every other devil human hybrid we've seen doesn't have a more suped up form like Chainsaw Man.

In the next few chapters, I think we might see more of an exploration and explanation of this relationship between Denji and Pochi. Because I think something that probably separates Chainsaw Man from other devils is probably connected to something more than fear.

Course I'm just spitting into the wind here. Firepunch was weird as hell, no reason to expect this series will be any different either.

@HallowedDeep

I think maybe it's cause guns have been around longer and the fear of nukes are a little less personal and visceral than the fear of a gun. If someone said they were gonna drop a nuke on me, I'd have a harder time processing that than if someone was pointing a gun at me.

And in the same vein, I think the chainsaw being scarier than the gun devil is a Japanese thing since guns are rarer there and chainsaws are pretty fuckin scary.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if Makina just realized in this chapter the thing that she desired and lacked was one of the same principles on the things money could never buy

I think that part of the reason why the Chainsaw man is so strong is because he has no fear.

Other devil users have shown to get scared. Which could be having an opposite effect from internal fear.

As for the bigger demons. I think that the problem is that Demons are based on a ranking of how feared you are. If the chainsaw man consumes the knowledge of those demons existing, then that means he defacto becomes stronger.

Aggregator gang
I don't get how humans adoring Makima makes her so powerful but them adoring Denji makes him weaker

Dex-chan lover
@Arob9 you don't understand. People love control, its one of them double entendre things I think. People do fear control highly and those who love to control always fear losing control the most. Demon's fear should be lots stronger than humans considering humans fear demons but demons don't fear humans. shit like that

@Arob9
Devils get their power from being feared but since Makima is a Control Devil, she gets her power from adoration, which is also a form of control...
Now that Chainsaw man is being hailed as a hero, fears and uncertainty surrounding him is decreasing which in turn weakens his power.

Where do people get that Makima get power from adoration? She gets her power from fear like the rest of the demons, but people love having control even when they hate being controlled.

Abusive relationships show that you can fear and love something at the same time.

Fed-Kun's army
@no168_92 @Redska
Note that Chainsaw Man has never been called Chainsaw Devil by any other devil or fiend. This suggests that he isn't a literally a devil of chainsaws; rather the chainsaws might just be a part of his image, his weapon of choice. He might well be something like Fear Devil or Oblivion Devil, since even other devils fear that shit.

For whatever reason he decided to be the hero of Hell and come to help of those who need it. But that explains the need to kill them, because if he doesn't, they will not fear him, so he would lose power like any other devil. That part makes perfect sense, and Makima is doing some big brain moves using this to weaken him. Pretty much every assignment for Denji as a devil hunter has served the double purpose of bonding with his teammates and increasing his publicity among the populace. The reason Aki was turned into a Gun Fiend wasn't just to psychologically abuse Denji, but also to make more people aware of their fight.

Fed-Kun's army
@moozooh my current theory is that pochita was the justice devil, justice being something that terrible people fear

Fed-Kun's army
Me for the past like, 10 chapters:

06a.png

Users who are viewing this thread