Chainsaw Man - Vol. 11 Ch. 93 - You and Crappy Movies

@Qpax I went back to reread 39 and I'm not sure that's quite it.
Here in 93 Denji asks her if there would be any crappy movies because the answer to that question lets him know what Makima's worldview is.

Back in 39 one thing Denji notices is all the other people in the theatre enjoying the movies him and Makima are watching.
But Makima only enjoyed the one at the end so to her only that film really matters.
Denji on the other hand understands that even though he and Makima aren't moved by those films there are others who are with equally valid experiences.

So in this chapter Denji asking Makima if those "crappy films" would exist in her ideal world is like him asking if other people's feelings would be valid in her ideal world.
Makima's world is one she's making for herself, but she believes(or at least seems to) that she's doing this for the good of humanity.

I love how since makima is the Control Devil, she feels like she is basically entitled to understand and control any situation. So when Denji is the one who talks to her, not Chainsawman, for one panel she is completely blind sided and you see a tiny spark of surprise and dare i say fear in her eyes.

Dex-chan lover
Ik she’s the “final boss” and stuff, but i’m still kinda like denji, she’s still kinda waifu

@flaine that really makes a lot of sense. Her actions are quite selfish even though she's doing it for the good of humanity. I really like how Denji's thinking more, coming to what you said.

"Even after everything that happened, I still like her."

- most of the readers, probably

If every anime, manga, light novel or web novel was a masterpiece then we wouldn't know what a bad stories would be like

@Frozeneye
Sorry about the late reply. Thats exactly how it is, different readers saw her differently and as such had different expectations and reactions to how she progressed.

As for what was stopping her from just curb stopping everything, I think its a matter of power balance. At the start there are many demons and people have lots of fears, which means its easier to rival her. But as the series progresses and Denji eats more demons, there are less and less powerful demons who are able to oppose her. At the same time more and more people start to fear her, boosting her power.

Also the best way to dominate is slow burn, do it too fast and it might not work. So it makes sense she went for a long term plan, at least to me.

Dex-chan lover
Dang, I knew it. She was had been stingy about Dragonball evo all along.

Users who are viewing this thread