Chainsaw Man - Vol. 11 Ch. 97 - Love, Love, Chainsaw.

da

@DeathDonut well you see , this is when you are wrong ,dingus , you totally miss his character development , dude always smart , just Education , and shit happened alot like realization and stuff that make him changed ,

@da
Denji was dumb as a brick. Always was. He had simple wishes. He wanted to touch boobs, eat tasty foods, and have a kiss (and he got that, with some barf included as a bonus).

By the turning point of the story where everything went downhill, he went into shock over having power killed, then we had a LOOONG battle sequence, and then.... suddenly he became incredibly smart in last two chapters. Which doesn't make a whole lot of sense. There wasn't exactly character growth in place for him to suddenly figure out how to defeat makima. On top of that, the "reveal" of makima's "plans" was very weak and did not match the buildup before that point. There's also a question whether it is even possible to cut makima into pieces. Because she regenerated from anything before. Instantly. But I guess that's why author threw in some obtained phlebotomium regarding "this chainsaw is special and magically negates your impenetrable defense, although nothing else could do that before and you never demonstrated such power before".

Those series had a good buildup all the way up to Makima asking Denji to be her dog. Chapter 83 or so. Yes, including power's death. Snowball fight was great. But past Makima's plan reveal? A mess. Feels like the author bit off more than he could chew.

Well, whatever.

@raidensnakeezio :
Power got killed than resurrected, then killed again, and gave her blood to denji to regenerate, meaning the author could pull her back to life again if he really wanted to. Kobeni last shows up in the date scenes, few chapters from the end. I don't recall seeing her dead.

@DeathDonut I thought that coming up with unexpected strategies and being surprisingly smart in dire situations has been portrayed a lot in the manga, like his fight with Katana, Eternity devil or Santa Claus. Though he was usually dumb as hell, he can be pretty smart if he put his mind into it, and it was not like he immediately came up with a plan to kill Makima either, he did squeeze his brain out to think of the way to do it before the fight. Plus I’m pretty sure that there was a time skip between that and the final confrontation.

And for Power’s death and resurrection and official death, though it seems like an ass pull, it is actually legit considering her power: controlling blood, so I think it woulndnt be surprising for the author to pull stuffs like resurrection through her blood or something like that. Plus I think that it was actually a good solution to give her a proper death, while at the same time showing us how even her character: a dumb arrogant liar, has developed. Tbh the story would have been more bs if the author let such an important character die such a sudden death, even by Fujimoto’s standards.

@nguyntn

To me the point where (in my opinion) the series fall apart is that moment where Makima says "I want to take everything from your life and make you suffer". Or something.

That was beyond stupid, in my opinion. Before that point there was a magnificient buildup and escalation, but this culmination was too weak in comparison to everything that was before it. Basically, at this point you'd need something much bigger than that, on cosmic horror level. And instead the author produced this. It was a major letdown for me, and past that point most of the work looked like it no longer had coherence and was just author thorwing character at each other. To me, it was significantly weaker, than, for example, training chapters where Denji and Power were trying to murder that old agent guy and were acting like idiots in their spare time.

Dex-chan lover
@DeathDonut
The blood chainsaw continuing to rip up Makima from the inside isn’t that hard to believe. Makima’s also combined the powers of different devils before herself. There’s nothing special going on here, it’s just combining Power’s blood control and the special ability of a chainsaw to be a chainsaw. Remember, the chainsaw itself is made of blood, meaning it can easily leave traces of itself inside to continue ripping Makima up.

Makima also doesn’t have an impenetrable defense, otherwise, how else would she have been shot in the head or chopped up before? The damage simply shifts to another person and her own body heals up as that’s done. We see that in the last fight as well. She can’t undo an attack from happening, which is how the blood chainsaw was slowing down her regeneration; by continuously doing more damage faster than her body can repair itself.

You’re really going on about how much of a genius Denji is for thinking up an idea like eating Makima, but you’re blowing it out of proportion. It’s extremely simple. It’s just unorthodox. Like lightning one’s self on fire to fight someone who regenerates in darkness. Now the only thing you can question about it is how the hell Denji can connect becoming literally of one body with someone with love (although Kishibe is of the opinion that the love part isn’t as relevant and that it was just a loophole). Well, it just so happens that Denji had experienced two great examples of loved ones becoming one with him just before, and one quite recently at that.

Lastly, Makima’s goal wasn’t to make Denji suffer. She disliked him, but his suffering was just a means to a goal. Something that’s already been flat out stated in clear terms and reemphasized in this very chapter.

And what the heck are you going on about cosmic horror? Why? Your thought processes aren’t being properly connected to one another and you’re not even explaining why any of this stuff is wrong. I can guess why, but you go ahead and explain it yourself with your own words.

A bit overrated imo but this sure as hell was entertaining and gad a nice ending. Ill be looking out for part 2

Fed-Kun's army
Wait, so what was up with the whole movie watching hobby? Or is it different when it isn't real people? Or is smellovision a thing?

da

@DeathDonut you should try to understand why the author did that instead of wabbling why it's not good to did this and that , understand that will know why it's good and well written , also stop speedrun the manga , you miss a lot of details , Denji is smart , Like Star lord from Guardian of the galaxy , they just uneducational , Denji on the other hand despite have intelligence , never or try to use his brain in the early of the series , and another thing about Makima regenerate from anything , yes she is constantly regenerating when she was cut intro food when Kishibe mention that innocent people are dying .Makima ask denji to be a dog , in final chapter , she acting like a dog ,true to pochita word , Makima view other and herself like a dog to build equal relationship , i'm dumb and bad at expression the word I want to , but you miss a lot why

da

@DeathDonut for example : remember when Chainsaw man kill the person asking for help ? go back to chapter 97 and look at Pochita wish , he want to hugged by somebody ,but keep in mind that his arms is literally chainsaw

Users who are viewing this thread