Chainsaw Man - Vol. 17 Ch. 155 - The Old Me

Dex-chan lover
I'll believe in Nayuta. I think she did change her initial "Makima v2.0" goal and found happiness as Denji's cute and bratty little sister. I mean, she has his heart already, figuratively speaking.

And we have a fully open confirmation about Denji's father. We're finally looking what was behind door number 1.
Oh she totally changed. People are absolutely misreading this chapter because they are projecting and disregarding what the author is stating very clearly. He shows it started one way but things changed, also more importantly he showed denji a few chapters back walking to pochita to become csm in a very dark and foreshadowing fashion which seemed strange for some reason. But now when reading it with this chapter it makes total sense. Meaning: him choosing to change into csm got nayuta killed. And nayuta chose to save denji despite of her own wellbeing which puts an end to her arc. Her "plan" of finding out who she was by making denji despair would never have included sacrificing herself for denji and dying.

I'm honestly surprised we didn't get to see nayuta totally butchered at the end of the chapter like when shinji sees Asuka in end of Evangelion.

Dex-chan lover
I need to start leaving a few months between reading sessions to let chapters build up. Getting hit with cliffhangers this often is way too stressful.

Dex-chan lover
At this point I hope Denji kills everyone and lets humanity die to the Death Devil. Like no one has done anything to make them worth saving. He has forever had every reason to hate and seek revenge, and didn’t, he honestly tried his hardest to be a normal person, have normal goals, live a normal life, and for what? For who’s sake?

Dex-chan lover
My emotions this chapter:
Nayuta-bros :(
Nayuta-bros :)
Makima-bros?
Nayuta-bros?

I never considered the option that nayutas chains would work on Denji, atleast that she learns about her past makima self this way.

Dex-chan lover
At this point I hope Denji kills everyone and lets humanity die to the Death Devil. Like no one has done anything to make them worth saving. He has forever had every reason to hate and seek revenge, and didn’t, he honestly tried his hardest to be a normal person, have normal goals, live a normal life, and for what? For who’s sake?
In their defense, it's really not an easy world to grow up in. Hard to not end up a cunt when basically the whole world is deeply traumatised.

Aggregator gang
Let's put aside the whole "Nayuta hasn't completed her role as a character" or "not dead until we see a body" for a moment and remember:
Guys, our boy Denji had to somehow miraculously conjure up a 5000 IQ move--Eating, to kill Makima. You think a mob can kill Nayuta?

Dex-chan lover
im smoking some copiums / hopiums right now , so i think nayuta will survive :

* page 4 of chapter 155 : the males are l0lic0n ped0 , and they will kill a l0li girl to save an old bloody male ? yeah right , not gonna happen . instead , the l0lic0n ped0 males will kill the old bloody male to save the l0li girl , lol .

* at the end of chapter 154 , old bloody male pointed a gun at her , but the gun actually had no bullet .

* at the end of chapter 155 , the mangaka hasnt showed her corpse yet , so maybe she will survive .

page 9 :
- nayuta : watashi 's name is nayuta , im the current watashi . and makima is the previous watashi .

Users who are viewing this thread