Chainsaw Man - Vol. 8 Ch. 68 - Dark Power

Miv

Aggregator gang
@XzarDragon that might just be a grandiose way of saying chainsaw, as she was floating above him and all.

I mean, if I was towering over other as 8 feet tall i'd easily address normal-heighted people as furless apes. In a hearbeat.

Fed-Kun's army
Master is just getting hotter and hotter

EDIT: what the hell is up with the translation though? Is it another case of different groups trying to avoid the exact same translation as other groups for no good reason and then ending up with weird stuff in it?

Fed-Kun's army
Fucking amazing.

@Disrupted if that's the case then it makes sense in this situation. The other group is the licensed translator, so having similar stuff would provoke DMCAs or C&Ds.

I really love the fighting scene in this manga... so barbaric and brutal but fits nicely enough.

Fed-Kun's army
@XzarDragon
The line is 「バカになれデンノコ」, "baka ni nare den'noko", which is "become an idiot, electric saw".
Incidentally, Denji's name is written in katakana similarly 「デンジ」 and is homophonous with "electric".
Maybe she just combines his half-remembered name with his current appearance to get that moniker?
Unless there's some obscure wordplay at work here, the translation seems to check out.

Fed-Kun's army
@gormadoc
but even the officials do this from time to time. and lets be honest, you really dont want to copy the official one. its pretty terrible.
@Kurofune
what about the "rest in peace" page? saw 2 other translations, and none were even close.

EDIT: nvm found it: its the bhuddist saying namu amida butsu, so I can kinda understand why they went for that, but it still feels very off considering the difference in meaning. its pretty untranslatable but I guess its the closest if they want some equivalent in english. I feel that the english version misses half the meaning though and makes Denji seem less repentant for his actions (but the visual reaction makes up for it, I guess).
Either way guess the translation is a lot better than It initially seemed to my ignorant eyes.
Kinda wish they had a TL notes page at the end though

Users who are viewing this thread