Chapter pages are often broken when not logged-in

Dex-chan lover
Most pages in a chapter are often broken. I had to reload the page several times, no solution.

Unlike when you logged-in, not reload page option available online gibberish text of broken image. Looks like an exclusive member-only feature.

There are case where I just want to read a chapter on MangaDex without logged-in, for example: using someone's device and/or incognito mode and/or I don't want to wasted couple seconds just to read a chapter.

Solution
To be clear, while we don’t know exactly what is the issue for you right now, there is absolutely no difference between logged in and logged out usage of the site when it comes reading chapters.
Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
Link a chapter where this is happening.

Regardless of whether you're logged in or not, the reader will attempt to load images from a second source if the first one fails, so if you're getting outright failures there's something massively wrong with your routing to us.

Yuri Enjoyer
Staff
Developer
To be clear, while we don’t know exactly what is the issue for you right now, there is absolutely no difference between logged in and logged out usage of the site when it comes reading chapters.

Solution
Dex-chan lover
Link a chapter where this is happening.
Any. Pick random chapter on latest page. I'm on Chrome android web browser. A same chapter, same web browser, but on different environment:

1. Normal: logged-in and read a chapter.

2. Broken: open the same chapter but incognito mode and not logged in.

Regardless of whether you're logged in or not, the reader will attempt to load images from a second source if the first one fails, so if you're getting outright failures there's something massively wrong with your routing to us.
Sadly I can't screenshot and prove it incognito mode because phone not allowed to take screenshot, BUT I tried it the same:
1. not incognito and logged out
2. same chapter
3. some broken images with reload option

Screenshot of broken image is incoming (gotta upload it somewhere).

Users who are viewing this thread