Chapter read Icon disappearing:fixed:

The little eye next to chapters showing I've already read them has stopped showing up. At first it just wasn't marking new chapters as being read, but now it's beginning to disappear from chapters that were previously marked.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
Should be fixed now, according to Holo. Please chime in if you still have a problem

Miku best girl
Admin
The icon is only present on the manga pages, not homepage (for now)

Miku best girl
Admin
Keeping track of every read chapter is taking too much space in the database (14 million rows and counting), so it only tracks what you're following and reading.
I reckon people won't care about stuff they're not following, since they'd follow it if they cared about it.

Contributor
If marker only works for followed mangas now, if we accidently unfollow then follow again, will that still erase all the marker? (didn't test it).

Miku best girl
Admin
If marker only works for followed mangas now, if we accidently unfollow then follow again, will that still erase all the marker? (didn't test it).

Unfollowing a manga will remove all the markers. However, you can't really accidentally click unfollow, as you have to click 3 times to do this. (Click dropdown, click unfollow, click the confirmation box)

Contributor
Unfollowing a manga will remove all the markers. However, you can't really accidentally click unfollow, as you have to click 3 times to do this. (Click dropdown, click unfollow, click the confirmation box)
Well... In some on my following manga, I tried to sort out those I'm currently reading from those I'm planning to read, and let's say I misclicked unfollow as I was trying to reach the right one.
Then when I went back to the manga after I've finished sorting things, I noticed I lost all the marker and I was wondering if it was normal. Now at least, that explain why.

Contributor
I don't necessarily follow every manga series that I read, so the blanket statement that people would follow it if they cared about it is not true, at least in my case. I can understand limiting this feature if it is really causing problems with the size of the underlying database, but it would be nice to revert the change for those of us who don't care to create and maintain a long list of follows.

Users who are viewing this thread