Charlotte and Her 5 Disciples - Ch. 44

Thanks for translating I would buy them but my country the price is outrageous on tappytoon tapas webtoon etc per chapter I would pay for a whole season if I could always read it but they only wanna make lots of money per chapter it isnt fair

Thank you so much for picking this wonderful piece of art. We are grateful. Please keep up the good work!

Dex-chan lover
@Angelicsailor How much is it on your end? I believe a chapter is around 375 whatever their website's currency unit is called, and they sell about 1600 of that for $1.99 on my end, which isn't too bad for what is it... roughly 4 chapters? What looks annoying to me is more that the chapter price seems to be uneven as hell compared to how they sell this crap, so you'll have to "recharge" just to fill in the rest pretty frequently to get even one more chapter when you still have leftovers from your previous purchase. It's standard business practice in a lot of video games too, because of some general psychology that sort of makes people feel like buying the rest of what they need isn't too bad. That stupid little "trick" if I had to call it something is just obnoxious in a service that's like "Hey, let me just buy this directly with money?" I've always felt like there's no real need for an intermediary currency if they're accepting payment in your currency for that one. But maybe they're doing it to simplify things somewhere in the process considering it involves lots of different currencies coming in from the one end, I don't know. Still annoys me even if there is a valid reason.

@Glomoro

that stupid little "trick" if I had to call it something is just obnoxious in a service that's like "Hey, let me just buy this directly with money?" I've always felt like there's no real need for an intermediary currency if they're accepting payment in your currency for that one

The reason for this is psychological. By using an intermediary currency it obfuscates how much (real) money is being spent. This makes it harder to keep track of how much you're spending and thus more likely to spend more because you don't realise how much you've already spent.

@glomoro I dont remember the exact rate but from my currency to USD it's about 1 usd per chapter would be fine if only I read 1 chapter but when I want to read 45 chapters that is 45 usd and I cant just spend that
Like I said I'd rather pay directly for a season
Also if you could pay for all chapters upfront then if you run out of currency and have to go top up the currency while reading you would not be how you say taken out of the reading experience? *English is my second language sorry for mistakes* its just very upsetting sometimes

Users who are viewing this thread