Charlotte and Her 5 Disciples

More like Jeffery and his step kids XD Like seriously i am rooting for him.

Lets root for Jeffery.
Jeffery has been trying to put a ring on it for so long XD XD

I don’t know if the people translating this here know, but there is already translated chapters of Charlotte on a different site and it has chapters to chapter 58 right now. Maybe it’s your group but I don’t know.

I love both the male leads. I have a thing for white hair guys. Damnit but Jeffrey is so sweet.

Hey guys,

this series has an official translation and release on Tapas. They also put it into their "wait for free" series, so you can unlock a new episode every 24 hours. They have up to 59 episodes released and weekly double releases scheduled until episode 67.

The daily pass is even faster than to wait for the fantranslation, so there isn't really any reason to not read it on the official platform.

Link to Tapas release:
https://m.tapas.io/series/charlotte-and-her-5-disciples/info

this author should give credit to Kentaro Miura. She copied all of Berserk's worldbuilding from him. Especially Griffith (the most hated villain in anime and manga), who doesn't pass him off as a saint because he's not. If you want Worldbuilding check the berserk wikis and if you want to see fights and good plot read Berserk.

It's enjoyable but i'm on CH.64 now and for whatever reason wondering why is the romance tag doing there ? and why there's no babysitting tag?
MC wishes for love so much that she failed to die so she want to fulfil her wish in her second chance, it's in the description btw.
And then dozens chapter later, the story is focusing on her progress on love, while Babysitting her disciples once in a while.

It felt like a scam,
You go to a Pastry Shop hoping to eat cake but you got a pizza instead, it is a good pizza but come on..!

Feels kinda weird that
the starting premise is that she's on a quest for love while hiding her original identity, but she makes absolutely no progress in love and has practically given up hiding who she is. It's almost as if the start was just a ham-fisted way to start a story about powerful but poorly adjusted adult-sized children.

It's a little upsetting that it feels like the protagonist doesn't have much agency in the story. Like, she gets dragged around a lot, and pretty much doesn't stick to anything she says she's trying to do.

The action is fun though.

I've read one of Yong's work, not including this one, and had fun reading it. Judging from mangadex, there's only three english translated version of his work so unfortunately and assuming he has more manhwa, I don't have a lot to work with on judging how his overall style is.

Despite it all, I don't think I can bring myself to enjoy this manhwa. Its premise and the literal reason for Charlotte's reincarnation is based heavily on finding love. The only romance we ever get from this, really, is either Jeffrey or one of her disciple flirting and getting miserably blue-balled. She lived for 100+ years and yet even teenagers could get the hint. It's hard to find this trait charming, because that's literally all the romance development we get. No form of bonding, no "I'm going to actually make attempts on finding love."

If the story was written intended to be more fantasy based, that's understandable, especially when there's many similarities from this manhwa to Black Haze. But, in here it doesn't work out at all. The story follows the repetitive cycle of Charlotte being entangled with an affair related to every six of her disciple, and while attempting to save their adult ass, an agonizingly and unnecessarily long flashback of how they all met happens. Repeat this six time for every single of her disciple, and that's practically a good portion of the story so far. And we're 50+ chapters in.

((I also have a major gripe on authors that tries to introduce a character by revealing their sad past as if to put a twist in the story right from the getgo. It's a horrible technique to get the readers invested in the character, because nowadays, every single character has a tragic background! It works 100% much better if you introduce your characters by showing their quirks and personalities, and then when the readers care for the character, hit them where it hurts by revealing they have mommy issues. The only way for the former method to work properly is if their tragic history ties to the current story arc, then it would transition smoothly with the plot.))

I grew tired the more I was reading this.
It's an interesting concept, the whole thing about the master who has to chase after their students after they let go of the leash- or in this case they reincarnate (kinda).
But boi, I had a hard time caring anymore when the the story started introducing the 2nd elf girl deciple's problems. It felt like another drive through the carwash at that point. One problem-riddled adult with mommy issues after another needs Aria to wash their dysfunctional brain circuits away.
It's distracting from what I thought was the main goal of the story or rather the FL's: finding love. I honestly thought she would just live her life on normally as a noble daughter, encounter her deciples, give them a quick rinsing and run down of her situation and obliterate (or date) the demon guy. But I'm instead getting wiplash, while at the same time losing interest in what's going down.
It would add a bit more spice if they threw in Aria being c o n s c i o u s of the flirting directed at her or romance at the very least, but nada.... or at least cut all the flashbacks and baby sitting sessions short and get to the good stuff.

Fed-Kun's army
I dropped this because of the poor translation I can't understand even more because of it.

Users who are viewing this thread