Cheerful Amnesia - Vol. 6 Ch. 49

Double-page supporter
@ozanty if she got separated from her friend at age 15 and then we assume the war started around the same year (1937) and assume the manga is happening in our current time then she would be at least 83.

In her late 70s if she means the war with the US specifically. Maybe even then early 80s but just about.

So anywhere from 78 to 87 I think

Double-page supporter
@MadMarx - If she's talking about the 2nd World War (which she probably is), then she and her friend were 15 around the time of 1937-1941 (when Imperial Japan started their imperial expansion in China to when they attacked Pearl Harbor and essentially joined the WWII at large), which would make her at minimum (if we consider the manga world is living the year upon which it originally started publishing, aka 2016) 90-94 years old (75 years to the start of the war in 1941 or 79 years to 1937, plus that 15 years). So about 10 years more than what you estimate (but again, based on the assumption the people on the manga are living the year 2016, when the manga originally started publishing).

@Plippity - I don't know where you're pulling this 1961-1965 from (I suspect a typo), as that's 2 whole decades after the WWII.... Heck, even the Korean War was over almost a decade before that.

But one thing's for sure though. She is quite old.

The old lady really makes you think, huh? It's a sad thing, but the older you get, statistically, the more time you spend alone.

@Siikalahna ah jeez now I'm embarrassed. I pulled those numbers out of some rudimentary memory I had of my high school history class and I have now learned they are very, very wrong. Thanks for correcting me though! She's a lot older than I expected haha

Fed-Kun's army
I’m confused. Does the girl have her memories back or not? I thought she got them back at the wedding but some of the sentences’ wordings make it confusing

Dex-chan lover
@SpookFromMR
Full memory restored, but merged the new and old personalities. Basically how she was after she lost them, just now a lot more comfortable with sex and pervy stuff.

Fed-Kun's army
@JavlinJoe oh ok thanks for the reminder. It’s been a while since the last few chapters so yeah. Also it feels pointless for the memories to be restored if the author wanted to play with new personality but whateves

Dex-chan lover
How the heck did they managed to run into so many lesbians. Where are our gays, bis, nbs, etc at?

Fed-Kun's army
@EnderWin It's a common yuri/yaoi trope. And yes, it's quite jarring and immersion-breaking AFAIK.

Edit: I take it right back (for now), the very next chapter briefly shows a gay couple, and one of Arisa's friends has a boyfriend.

Users who are viewing this thread