Chi no Wadachi - Vol. 11 Ch. 89 - Everything

The twist of Sei being crazy one was predictable from the earliest chapters and throughout the entire story, but the twist of Seiko not being a beautiful milf was really unexpected...

So Sei has now transcended into a 5th Dimensional being and we will finally be able to see the "REAL" truth? This manga got dumb real fast with this Sci-Fi stuff xD

Double-page supporter
Super obvious twist given the ambiguity around the dead cat and Seiichi's mom somehow being fast enough to go from behind Seiichi to grabbing Shigeru as he falls. Seiichi was starting to show antisocial personality disorder by killing an animal and his mom was never to see Shigeru fall. I doubt Seiichi's mom broke out of jail, so this is just Seiichi looking back at the events of that day without any rose-tinted glasses. Seiichi showing signs of being a potential killer could also explain his mom trying to kill him as a baby by throwing him off a cliff...

This manga lol....
I thought i finally understood it and why it was so weird and why things felt so creepy in a slow and subtle way.
I thought the mom was a sociopath and this was about the MC/child dealing with the suppressed mental trauma of his mother almost killing him when he was a baby. I thought everything going up to this was his subconscious expression of his inner fear of her that he couldn't explain or didn't fully realize cause he was a baby when it happened. That's why he always tried to obey her or couldn't speak at times and other events showing his PTSD fear of her. Even his need to be obedient was cause he subconsciously felt scared of her.

I thought that HOWEVER, now they may twist it to him being the one who was the sociopath or crazy or schizophrenic whatever ever lol.
I thought the first explanation was perfect and made most of the events leading up to this point make sense.
If it ends up with the second, i think it really ruins all the build up in this and cheapens it. I think its much cheaper to just plot twist it to him being crazy and/or that he pushed his friend and waste 80+ chapters to lead to that. Anyway, we'll see next chapter i guess.

Fed-Kun's army
Well I guess it's time to revive the: 'It's really him that did it' theory.

Dex-chan lover
In a way everything makes more sense with Seiichi being the nutball, particularly the dead cat.

I can see that a lot of people here are mad about losing the crazy, hot mom though. I'll miss her too. She made the story extra spicy.

Dex-chan lover
@Brenchseijin Maybe it was his conscience, making him feel guilty over it, now that it's all mostly settled.

Either way, i hope the author doesn't go with 'seichii did it!'; it's a bit lame to make all that buildup to end like that.

It just doesn't make sense if Seiichi is the one who did all those violent things because all of the mother's actions afterwards were still abusive. And then, if Seiichi really is the crazy one then the entire point of the series is meaningless since why should we believe anything that occurred? I really hope it's not going in that direction.

Oh wow, now I'm doubting everything I thought I had figured out. I can't wait to find out what really happened after Shige was pushed off, for now I still think she was abusive even if Seiichi is the sociopath. Seiko not being as beautiful as what Seiichi has shown us is such a good twist !

Fed-Kun's army
@flufflover36
It just doesn't make sense if Seiichi is the one who did all those violent things because all of the mother's actions afterwards were still abusive.
You've responded to your own point :
if Seiichi really is the crazy one then [...]why should we believe anything that occurred?

We've seen everything from Sei's point of view, to the point that we actually don't know what the other characters look like.

Strangely enough, it makes sense.
Seiichi is the one who killed the cat, but he told himself that she's the one who did it.
The creepy smile she always does is actually an horrified one.
When she look pleasantly surprised when he remember the dead cat, she was actually frightened because she thought he got over that.
His mother accompanied him to the kindergarten everyday because she was afraid of what he might do to other kid, he told himself that she's overprotective.
She wanted him to end his relationship with his girlfriend out of fear of what he might do to her, but he convinced himself that she's jealous.
Most of the stuff that she has done can be justified by her trying to genuinely be nice to him.

Then again, we don't know where this is leading up to.
For all we know, they both might be batshit insane, but Seiichi was pretending to be innocent.
Or we might all be wrong and the author will give us a truly unexpected twist next chapter.

The real ver of the mother is full of wrinkles and completely unMILFed. You can't just pull this twist after i fapped to her!

Now... When it comes to the twist itself, i do feel like author-san could have sprinkled some hints over the 89 chapters he/she's written. So far, the only real hint is the cat from chapter 1, eventhough it did felt surreal, it may be alittle too vague to comprehend the real nature of the scene.

Could have done something as simple as quickly switching mummy and mc's appearance from time to time.

what the fuck, is he now the insane one and his mom just protected him?
or is his mind just completly broken

When you get gaslighted so hard, turns out you gaslight yourself. Story is still interesting, not that I'm knocking the unreliable narrator narrative technique, it's not that it wasn't that expected and you don't see that often so a twist is a twist.

what kinda sucks is that this would be better if you can read the entire story in one go instead of a monthly release. the twist dont hit that hard when i havent read a chapter in a month

Users who are viewing this thread