Chi no Wadachi - Vol. 11 Ch. 93 - Waking

Dex-chan lover
It feels like the story tries to make itself more complicated than it already has making it worse. It was already good *sigh*

I dead ass think this is the beginning, like this was the origin story, and legacy is about to start. ( anyone thinkin the same?)

Dex-chan lover
damn it feels good
9-50b19f52f5b879139a60a073dc84af2397d75125c629c8ddc6ab71535b5a91b9.png

So he was crazy lameeee. Should've shown him join the military then become a recluse.

So this boi was the bitch all along. He pushed his cousin this time. Not so satisfying turn of events

It feels like the story tries to make itself more complicated than it already has making it worse.
myeah. There's this artificial twist/'it was x unlikelyhood all along!' trope I've seen before with Jodi Picoult where... I don't recall the book but they had the dad kidnap the girl and run, the plot tweest was "oh I thought x was molesting you", the mother's disbelief breaking the kidnappee's newfound relationship as an adult then "oh I just thought I saw your stepdad doing that I wasn't totally sure". In an effort to go Deeper it undermined it's own story by trying to go 'what if x was the real baddie all along?' and they didn't need to do that. The emotional fallout of situation#1 was fine and deep enough on it's own, changing it completely fucked it.

"Aha the abused child I've been exploring the fallout of for several chapters was the baddie all along, plot tweest" isn't good writing. You can't exactly explore that as indepth as it has been then 180 to 'haha crazy abuse victim the real bad all along'.

We'll see if it's All Just A Dream or his cousins' jacket or what next chapter I suppose.

lol wtf are you all complaining about, this whole manga has led up to this kid losing his mind and forgiving his mom no matter what after years of abuse

I'm just happy to see the plot finally moving forward, that segment seemed to take fooooreeveeerrr

@checkmy4 haha glad I'm not the only one getting firepunch vibes from this.

Author clearly had the ending long planned out, but no way an editor is going to kill a golden goose.

lol wtf are you all complaining about, this whole manga has led up to this kid losing his mind and forgiving his mom no matter what after years of abuse

Kid being mentally ill from his experiences of being abused, sure. I did get the vibe with the "fuck u mum im gonna beat your pillow face in" that he was skipping a few steps but that's not really my problem here. They could go somewhere with that story and still have it as "I get you're not a 2D supervillain but obviously you did a lot of damage and can't be in my life anymore, see: attempted murder" in the end and him making his peace with it.

This isn't it. The problem is to get there they've instead gone "haha wat if the abused child was the real bad guy lol" after displaying a perfectly indepth "holy fuck she's abusive and smothering him" for way up 'til now. The 180 doesn't add layers, it's like "oh I need a twist uhh, I'll retroactively decide Good Guy was the Bad Guy all along, they'll never see it coming because there was no hints or foreshadowing, plot tweest".
It's a pretty hokey victim blaming narrative in contrast to what was excellently portrayed up 'til now (That he what, made her abusive because he was smothering her as a little kid and egged on a grown ass adult into murdering her nephew and... wouldn't quietly die when thrown off a cliff as a toddler?) and the whole scenario seems contrived to go "haha you Did The Thing too so now you can't criticize her! badguy is gudguy=depth rite?". It's weak.

Anyway, still a few chapters before we see what's actually going on I suppose, author likes his unreality segments.

Quick thoughts
If Seiichi did what we were shown, then that sucks and just completely betrayed what we were led to believe up to this point
I'm never going to forget the fact that Fukiishi didn't directly answer whether she liked someone else or not, so yeah...
If the author really does want to go the whole "he had a manic episode and did that" route, then he better say at some point that Seiichi has actual brain damage and a hereditary mental disorder along with being a descendant in a long line of natural born murderers (which i genuinely think might be the only plausible case here)
That concludes my ted talk

Users who are viewing this thread