Chi no Wadachi - Vol. 16 Ch. 142 - Back Home

Dex-chan lover
What is even going on with this series at this point? I've completely lost track of where the story has gone and is going to.

Dex-chan lover
01d35521-8c42-41ad-ac09-feaa7170ff24_text.gif

Dex-chan lover
This is still making me feel a type of way.

I think the story resonates best when you're a little older? I'm in my 30s and my dad, who was a decent dad but fucked up a lot in his personal life, is getting older. I'm at the point now where I'm taking care of him, like going over to his house to clean it up, help him fix up his yard, etc.

It's a weird spot to be in, because I remember a lot of the bullshit he said to my mom when I was 12, but it's been twenty years since then. It's hard to hold onto the anger—it's changed to something more resigned as I realize he was just a crappy husband. Not a monster or anything.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, despite all that he suffered through, I understand his willingness to do atleast this much.

My parents are now at that age where they need me and my brother to take care of them, even for everyday normal stuff, and even if our relationship with them wasn't the very best growing up, there is not enough hate in our hearts to ignore the suffering of two old people.
Maybe some people will think we're just naive or too forgiving, but I believe everyone should do what they feel it's for the best at the end of the day.
If Sei or anyone else in his position decided to ignore her, I would have understood that too, "you do you" because at the end of the road keeping score and bullshit like that amounts to nothing.

Dex-chan lover
I think the story resonates best when you're a little older?
My thoughts exactly. Also got shitty parents and already +30. You reach a point where you aren't angry anymore. Just sad it happened.

You don't forget or forgive, ever. But if they aren't complete garbage... with time you look at them in a different way. It's a hard feeling to convey, and the story is making a good job in showing this ambiguity you feel inside.

Dex-chan lover
and so the life cycle turned and now it's Seichi taking care of his mom as if she was the baby.

Users who are viewing this thread