Chi no Wadachi - Vol. 17 Ch. 152 - Open Land

Dex-chan lover
I thought Seichi would end up together with Fukiishi. But he got his life destroyed thanks to his mother. This chapter gives me mixed feelings. Happiness, depression., emptiness. Can't wait for the final chapter

Thanks a lot for the update!

Dex-chan lover
I think it was him, which is why he ended up arrested
You're mixing up two separate incidents.

His mother did indeed push Shigeru off the cliff, during the family hike at the beginning of the series.

Shigeru survived that fall, albeit with brain damage.

The second time Seiichi pushed Shigeru off the steep slope near Seiichi's childhood house. Seiichi pushed Shigeru off that steep slope because Seiichi believed he was dreaming and basically began to see Seiichi as himself while remembering how his mother had previously thrown Seiichi off that slope when he was little (Seiichi survived and later saw the iconic dead cat on the walk home).

Shigeru ended up dying from that fall/the exposure to the cold.

Banned
I wonder what kind of person would buy the tankoubons for this manga. I can understand people tuning into read it each week out of mild interest, but who is going to want to re-read this manga in the future? Much less actually go out of their way to buy the tankoubons.

this is like a train wreck author wtf was that i expect some reunion scene and this is what i see the next chapter is the ending fuck you okay my feelings is not good if this two didn't even have a chat or just fix their i don't know sighs

Dex-chan lover
You're mixing up two separate incidents.

His mother did indeed push Shigeru off the cliff, during the family hike at the beginning of the series.

Shigeru survived that fall, albeit with brain damage.

The second time Seiichi pushed Shigeru off the steep slope near Seiichi's childhood house. Seiichi pushed Shigeru off that steep slope because Seiichi believed he was dreaming and basically began to see Seiichi as himself while remembering how his mother had previously thrown Seiichi off that slope when he was little (Seiichi survived and later saw the iconic dead cat on the walk home).

Shigeru ended up dying from that fall/the exposure to the cold.
Ah i see, thanks for clarifying

Dex-chan lover
Lemme guess. She's going to find him dead in an alley somewhere and he's going to have that content face.

Aggregator gang
As with most of Oshimi's work it seemingly ends on the conclusion that there's more life for the MC and other characters to live. Hopefully Seichi's conclusion is one where he can finally live free from the overbearing weight of his mother.

Dex-chan lover
This might be a brusque reading, but given the guy's other works, it seems like this is the endgame the author sees for himself.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if hes gonna be alone or he got his own family later or maybe just in some generic hospital when he dies next chapter in another time skip.Unless we get this middle aged Seiichi just ending the series with a walk to his part time job.

Dex-chan lover
The MC is alone and traumatized for life. By what metric is this happy?

It's happy for the one relevant character in the story that still had the capacity to feel happiness!

I'm actually ecstatic we got to see her again, it's more than I expected. Obviously she feels some nostalgia for her first crush, but her life wasn't ruined by that kid she liked going to juvie! She lived a normal life and found a reasonable, chill partner!

MC needs to NTR girl's current husband; become the ugly bastard you were destined to be

What the fuck is wrong with people

Users who are viewing this thread