Chi no Wadachi - Vol. 9 Ch. 78 - A Trail of Blood

Double-page supporter
If this flashback is true, with Oshimi Shuzo you never know, I think we should rethink all the times we thought about Sei as a weak invertebrate.
Holy shit! His mother literally stuck an electric eggbeater in his ear and screwed his brain!

This really is the most uncomfortable and sad story I've read in a while. I just hope their isnt some bs twist where it was actually Sei that pushed his cousin but his mom convinced him that she did it to protect him or something.

Dex-chan lover
So his mother tried to kill him when he was little, huh.

Someone Kill this bitch already, Jesus... And what about the father's imbecile, what did he do all this time? For God's sake, it doesn't make sense. The woman is full of psychological problems, how did he marry this psychopath and never notice it? Was the marriage arranged? Maybe it was, because clearly you can see that they never had love for each other, even when she has suicidal desires in that bizarre discussion of the 2, what does this moron do? Abandon her son with a psychopath and leave the house. It is no accident that both son and wife despise him. I hope that at a certain moment the boy will throw it at his face, how useless and worthless he was while his mother abused him his whole life. He cannot end without any punishment ...

Dex-chan lover
Page 19, with the other boy watching, could that be the cousin? The aunt alluded to knowing about this incident. Maybe it was kinda swept under the rug, but they all knew. It certainly explains why the family kind of ignores her, although it's now presented as an implied self-isolation that she seeks out.

Beyond the mother's back story I'm more into the father's thoughts on all this. I get that the entire story is about a mother-son relationship but the dad has some heavy denial going on right now. Two kids, two cliffs, one woman--put it together Sherlock.

Aggregator gang
Yikes. That was some severe head trauma for a young child. I'm surprised Seiichi came out alright afterwards.

@CosmicWitch Is Seiichi looking at himself in the memory. His cousin and him are around the same age anyways.
The father's thoughts were exposed on his conversation with Seiko that Seiichi overheards accidentally. He is not equipped to deal with his wife's bullshit and in a society were mental health issues are sweep under the rug is no surprise he just pretends her to "put herself together and sort herself out". I know people like to shift all the blame on the guy while ignoring the social context but this is what would happen if you put someone so toxic like Seiko near any normal person.

@MercenarioRJ Seiichi didnt hate him until Seiko started to pollute his mind by emotionally abusing him. She blatantly manipulates her own child so he is afraid of disappointing her, and she uses her own husband as the example. She literally wanted Seiichi to replace him. Back when he sees the messy house, and the two of them give him a look of pure reject, he does the smartest thing and leaves. What can he do there? Force Seiichi to go with him?? It would only lead to either of them (mom or kid) exploding or going batshit. You seriously dont want to be around people so mentally unstable.

Anyways chilling chapter. Now Seiichi finally remembers and hopefully this means he will stick to the truth out of spite lmfao Seiko being out the streets would be the best case scenario for everyone. She cant hurt anyone if she is locked up and she gets her wish of being removed from normal society.

That face on Seiichi is half his mother's creepy smile and half his realization/memories flooding back. Fucking spooky.

Users who are viewing this thread