Blood on the Tracks

Double-page supporter
Can this series finally have the genre tag of "horror" now? Sure it doesn't have grotesque monsters or literal explicit blood and guts imagery but it's long had the unsettling atmosphere of a horror series and it has had more low-key imagery of horrifying stuff happening
(the dead cat, the recent 2 chapters' Sei getting tossed off the hill and the 1st Volume's original cliff-side murder attempt + the Volume 2 aftermath)

@VivianAI this is on the semimonthly (2nd and 4th friday) big comic superior magazine, so expect another chapter on or around july 10

Aggregator gang
Worth a read... this is psychological tag to it's purest..
Easily one of the most messed up female lead in manga.
It really has moments that shatter your heart

Well I am not ready to read further,it's a good story, but I can't handle this right now when I have so much to think about, but I'll come back later.

Banned
I gave up around chapter 26. I just don't care.
The art is terrible, the characters are all insane, the interactions are forced and unnatural, and the pacing is slower than continental drift.

This isn't manga. This is what happens when you give someone a pencil while they're having a seizure. It is completely atrocious. It is so bad I might have to go and raise the votes of some other manga I may have been too harsh on before, as this is far worse.

@SotiCoto lol what? XD I usually don't give a lot of f***s to remarks such as yours, but somehow your opinion really cracked me up. I'm so glad you gave up. Who knows what you'd have ended up observing if you'd read more or wait ... gasps.. maybe you'd come to like it! Nah, not a chance.

Gotta say, what the hell did Oshimi go through as a kid?
Reading this as someone who had a mentally ill parent .. it really encapsulates a lot of the feelings you grow up with. This kind of reads like the author (or someone they know) is illustrating remembered events in their past.
Sadly, some people have childhoods with families even crazier than this one.

Summary of the newest 2 chapters that were released but haven't been translated yet
(spoilers)

(ch79):
existential monologue of osabe questioning: why did mom give birth to him? is he just a doll to his mom?
then, i suppose the mom's lawyer comes to visit his father, and tells him that the reason she pushed shigeru was because his face looked like osabe. osabe overhears this conversation.

(ch80):
at school, osabe gets bullied as kids taunt him about his mother being a murderer. he walks away from school in anger. fukishi stops him on the way home and they go their spot. she shares a bit about her past and asks if it's wrong that she wants to stay with him.

@lluixhi

I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but at the very least he was a victim of bullying as a student, hence why most of his works feature minor characters who give the resident MC shit in one way or the other.

@lluixhi

I wouldn't say my parents are "mentally ill" the way people think of that term typically, but I really love reading this manga because it just reminds me of my own past experiences (which isn't strictly a good thing, but there is something comforting about reading fiction that I can relate to for some reason).

Wouldn't say my family's on par or crazier than what happens in this manga, but still. Also really liked Mari no Naka ni (barring the ending) for similar reasons.

@pihip

That's interesting to hear and makes sense. Thanks for mentioning it.

@SotiCoto

It's fine if you don't like the manga if you don't understand anything happening in it. I don't blame you since I'd probably react similarly if I couldn't relate to what's happening in it. I certainly have disliked some of this author's other works when I can't make heads or tail of the character motivations in them. Chapter 26 is plenty to have read to figure out if you like the series or not btw; don't let people rile you up over that cuz you should have a pretty solid grasp of what's going on and whether you like it or not if you've read that far.

Users who are viewing this thread